icon

DEI 528t Triggers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mmh1 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
How about if I use the 'cut-off' circuit on the alarm to interrupt a ground wire connected to the BLACK/ white stripe trigger wire on the DEI 528T.
This would, when the alarm is armed interrupt a constant ground going to the 528T trigger wire and when disarmed it would reconnect the constant ground to the trigger wire.
My theory is that when disarmed it would illuminate my door step lights for the set duration and when armed it would take away the trigger to the 528T so when disarmed again it would trigger he 528T again.
So could someone confirm that the 528T can be utilised with a constant rather than a pulse negative source???
Thanks
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
mmh1 wrote:
How about if I use the 'cut-off' circuit on the alarm to interrupt a ground wire connected to the BLACK/ white stripe trigger wire on the DEI 528T.
That would work, however...it will also leave a relay energized the entire time your alarm is armed, causing the vehicle battery to drain over time.
mmh1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz wrote:
That would work, however...it will also leave a relay energized the entire time your alarm is armed, causing the vehicle battery to drain over time.
Would this still be the case as the 'cut off' circuit is built into the alarm brain and uses two wires coming out of the brain to interrupt a circuit max. 10amp.
ie. choose a circuit to interrupt then cut the wire connect one end to the GREEN/ black from alarm and connect the other to the other GREEN/ black from the alarm.
Or did you mean the dei 528T will remain energized? As I will be using the normally open brown wire only to power my step lights...which will be activated only when disarmed for the time delay of 45sec (enough to light the way into the vhicle)
Thanks, Mo
Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
No, what is happening is the brain of the system is providing a ground when armed only, the relay that controls the starter kill will only be energized when there is either ignition or starter voltage (depending on the internal wiring) coming into the brain and in turn activating the relay. This is the same as if you were wiring an external starter kill relay.
mmh1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
On the alarm instructions it says:
GREEN/ BLACK
GREEN/ BLACK
"These wires carry out electrical engine cut-off. Cut the positive or negative wire going from the igntition key to the fuel pump, electrovalve, starter motor etc. (max. 10A)"
Just wondering if that sheds anymore light???
Thanks, Mo
Twelvoltz 
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
I may not be wording it correctly, but maybe this will help you understand. Here is a diagram showing how to wire a starter kill relay. If you look at it, the relay is only energized when there is power to the ignition circuit, otherwise it is essentially off until it is needed. You can not start the vehicle without energy to the ignition circuit, and in this case, if the alarm is armed and there is energy applied to the ignition circuit, the starter is disabled. This is probably how it is wired internally, so that circuit does not draw energy unless there is power to the ignition circuit.
Hope this clears it up.
mmh1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
I see what you mean...thank for your advice and patience :)
I thought it would just act as an arbitrary electronic circuit interrupt, but now you mention it might be dependent on the ignition being activated to initiate the iterrupt it gives me food for more thought.
I think I'll have to experiment and meter the cables while armed and ignition activated to see.
So annoying, why can't simple alarms come with a dome light supervision wire? would've prevented all this headache.
Thanks, Mo
Twelvoltz 
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
I just took a look at the diagram again, and realized that there is no ignition input to that system. Your starter kill circuit is probably only energized while the system is going off. Take a look into it and keep us posted.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic