icon

Exact operation of Viper defogger wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1998chevy1500 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I am going to be installing a Viper 560xv in a little while and am probably going to be hooking up the rear window defogger while I'm at it.
I have been reading both the Install manual and the Owners manual and while they breifly skim its operation they still leave a lot to be desired in terms of its exact operation.
So far this is what I have found about them in the books.
Install manual
"This wire supplies a 200mA output as soon as the module begins the remote start process. The H3/1 BLUE wire can also be used to activate teh defogger trigger (latched/pulsed) 10-seconds after the remote start engages. (See the Feature Descriptions in this gude for details about programing this output"
Then in the Feature Descriptions section of the Install manual
"3-11 2nd STATUS OUTPUT NORMAL/REAR DEFOGGER LATCHED 10-MIN/PULSE: This feature will allow selection of status output or a rear defogger mode that truns on ten seconds after the vehicle has started if the vehicle interior temperature is below 55 degrees F. The defogger mode has two selections, latched or pulsed. Latched mode will only stay on for 10-minutes."
Finally the Owners manual covers how to activate/deactivate it with the remote. It also contains a note.
"note: If the temperature is greater than 55 F at the time of remote start activation, the rear defogger will not activate for that start."
After reading all of that it brings up some quesions for me. First, it mentions that above 55F the defogger won't activate, does this mean that the unit has some kind of temperature sensor built into its case? Or that with the use of some external sensor it will turn off above 55F? In the owners manual it talks about it being on until it is turned off. Does this mean that it starts up on every remote start and must be manualy turned off each time you don't want it on? Being that it says that latched is a 10-min timer, does it turn off when you get in and press the brake(deactivateing the remote start) or does it stay on for 10-min no matter what?
These are all of the questions that I can think of right now.
Thank you for your help,
Conrad
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
You will probably need a Relay to activate your Defrost, since the unit uses 200MA.
The Unit has a 10 minute Timer, plus you can turn Defrost on or off with Re mote.
The unit has a Temp sensor.......
If you notice the Remote Start can be set up for Low Temp Starts also
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic