icon

DEI 457C Module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Trav3D1 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a Prestige Platinum APS-997 on a 2003 Dodge Stratus. I have included a 457C for the door locks & I cannot get the doors to unlock.  When I lock the doors using the transmitter they lock, when I unlock the doors, they also lock.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

In addition, I was thinking about using the old fashion resistor and relay configuration, but I don't not the relay configuration.  Please advise me of the relay configuration (i.e. pin 30 to 12v, 86 to ground, etc., etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Trav
pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
you might have to use the pin wires from the other harness that says it is only for liberty, on the fact alarm arm/ disarm. i have the same probley with aa new caravan and that is what tech support told me. in my case it worked. good luck.
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
run and hide from the 457c.  Use relays and resistors so much quicker.  Here's what you'd do to wire up the relays.  85 to the lock output of the alarm. 86 to constant +12v. 87 to ground thru proper value resistor.  30 to lock/unlock wire in car.  Do the same thing for the unlock wire then you're all set.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
Trav3D1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

I have tried the old fashion relay and resistor method and I can only get the system to do one thing or the other, but not both.  It will only lock or unlock, but I cannot get it to accomplish both.  I'm beginning to think that the Prestige Platinum 997 may be the problem.  Based on the wire configuation, the lock/unlock wires from the alarm will either pulse a 12v or Ground signal, and I think this may be causing a problem.  For example if I have negative trigger locks, then the lock wire will pulse a ground signal, but at the same time, the unlock will pulse a 12v signal.  The alarm is configured to facilitate both types of systems with the same wires.

Any suggestions???  Please help as I can't afford to work on this car any longer

Trav
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
Is this the coupe(negative triggers) or the sedan(data bus)? DEI lists that these vehicles are interfaced differently, determined by the body style.
Audiovox and DEI both use this type of alternating door lock output. If you are using external relays, the positive pulses from the alternating door lock outputs will have no effect on the relays.
cntrylvr79 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  

Twelvoltz wrote:
Is this the coupe(negative triggers) or the sedan(data bus)? DEI lists that these vehicles are interfaced differently, determined by the body style.
Audiovox and DEI both use this type of alternating door lock output. If you are using external relays, the positive pulses from the alternating door lock outputs will have no effect on the relays.

Actually I used to think the same thing.  That is until I had the same kind of issue with an audiovox in a ford van.  I wound up putting diodes inline on the trigger wires for the relays and it solved my problem.  Hope this helps.   By the way striped side of the diode goes toward the alarm brain.

Trav3D1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  

I'm working on the 4 door sedan.  I have hooked up the 457C was instructed (using the pink wire to the WHITE/ green wire), but it still does not work correctly.

The use of inline diodes may solve the problem.  When I hook up both relays, the doors will unlock, and then immediately lock.  I figure this is happening because the unlock signal is being sent when I unlock the doors with the transmitter, but the lock signal is also being sent and then locking the doors back.

When you say put the diodes on the trigger wires, you are referring to the lock and unlock wires off the alarm....right?

Trav
cntrylvr79 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
yeah diodes on the lock/unlock wires of the alarm.   Just remember striped side of the diode goes toward the brain.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic