icon

Battery backup siren which one?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
Which battery backup siren is better.the clifford smartsiren4,or the DEI 515R?
"ole blake"
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  
ive used the dei ones but have had problems if they get wet, they continue to go off and you cant turn them off until they are dry. the cliffors im not sure if you can use with any type of system. oh and the dei, the thres that ive had all bought at different times, the keys all work for any unit :(, other than that they have been working fine for over 6 years now.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
clifford one has to be used with a clifford alarm as it connects to the wizzard port to know when ign is on and for programmable tones
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  
I forgot to mention i have a clifford alarm.My puzzling question is this.Lets say someone tries to break in my vehicle and tries to cut the wire to the siren.With the dei i would just use the key to turn the siren off.But with the clifford smartsiren there is no key.So if the clifford sirens wire is cut,there is no way to shut it off until you restore the signal to it which would mean having to try and reconnect the wires while it's blaring.The manual only states that the siren will continue to go off for 5 minutes then reset.If it resets and then detects there is no signal input from the brain,will it go off again??
"ole blake"
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 6:05 AM / IP Logged  
I beleive it will only have enough power for 5 mins cnstant siren while fully charged..
i would go with the smart siren.. i have one at home ust haven't had a chance to put it in yet..
Darren Power
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 6:24 AM / IP Logged  
I see it 65.00 on ebay..I'll go for it..Thanks for your insight..
"ole blake"
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
No problem.. I muast put mine in tomorrow
Darren Power
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2006 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Just as an after thought if you bought a standard stand alone battery backup siren for less $$ you wouldn't even be required to be hooked up to the alarm. You could then hide it in a more secure location (body panel, between spare tire and bed on a truck, etc). Since the siren really only needs + and - that's all you would have to run to it..
In one vehicle I mounted the siren and exposed the + and - (like it was a bad install). That way if a thief popped the hood to cut the siren wires he'll see the black and red wires and think it's a standard siren and possible cut it 1st. At that point they've now activate the siren and would have to dig it out to shut it up.. Hooking up 3 wires indicates a BB siren and a theif would only have to know to cut the odd colored wire to disable it (assumeing they didnt cut the battery later).
Good luck. Hope this helps.
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
if you cut any wire on the cliffod it will sound
Darren Power
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Yep Powermyster.It doesn't matter what they cut,it's gonna sound.I have 2,the normal 515C,and the smartsiren..
"ole blake"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic