icon

Picking out amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdiablo 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

I'm planning on running three Rockford Fosgate Stage 2 dual 4 OHM subs.

I had the Phoneix Gold PD 396 1600 watt 4 channel amp,and ONE RFS 12 inch sub.It thumped pretty good in my focus until i got into a car accident.I am now picking up a 03' Mercury Mountaineer so I want to go big or go home.

My question is i want the most power out of each sub as i can get from each amp,that is the thing im stuck on,im fairly new to all of this,I understand some of it,i just dont get that with a dual 4 ohm sub i checked the wiring options and it says that i need a 2ohm stable mono amp,so what would be the best amp to push my subs to the max,the max RMS on the subs is 1000 watts.

Thanks for any help,I will be on here alot in the upcoming months considering I am going all out on my mountaineer,thanks!

jdiablo 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  

Some of the parts and what not I will be using.

Picking out amps -- posted image.

The box

sprawl85 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
purdy
fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle... but fiberglass tastes better!
jdiablo 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
This is the amp I am looking at,well three of them to be exact.... Power Acoustik A1000DB Subwoofer Mono Amp
450W Class D • 800 Watts @ 2 Ohms • Remote Level Control
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Asking for problems there dude. To properly tune 3 amps of different efficiencies to drive 3 subs in one vehicle and then balance the bottom end to the front speakers, well, if you pull it off, good for you. Next up is the space that 3 amps take up, 3 sets of wiring + distro blocks, more current pulled from the electical system, to me this is just adding up to nightmares for you. To go with such a high end sub as the Power T2 and then throw a flea market amp on them, well, I would be reconsidering your amplifier options.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  

Yikes again, 3 subs in the same box......even harder to tune the system properly. If you want those subs to wail and I mean part your hair, do not use a basic but cool looking box. Get a proper box made for the capabilities of these sub, especially if you are wanting to go all out. Read these stickies.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=74592&PN=1

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=74519&PN=1

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
jdiablo 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so more or less you are saying is i should make a box,or get one custom made for me.I will most likely go with my second option just because I never made one yet.

It seems that you know alot about systems,what amp would you reccomend for me...either one amp or three,thanks for helping out

jdiablo 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

This amp looks a little more up to par with the subs

JBL Power BPX2200.1

Picking out amps -- posted image.

boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
Man, that is going to be ALOT of power!
~3,000 RMS for a daily driver?! I hope you have some daily ear plugs to use with those...
Anyway, listen to Forbidden - he does know a thing or two...
And don't forget, there's no way you're going to be able to pull something like this off with your vehicle's stock electrical system.
jdiablo 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

What would I have to do for it to handle it?Probably get the stator re wound up for some higher amps and what not correct?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic