icon

accord stereo interment goes off?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blubird302 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
    Hi guys, I have a 99 honda accord ex v6 model and am having a problem with it. The stereo will most of the time work but will not turn on sometimes when the inside of the car gets hot enough. I have pulled out the wiring harness and tested the wires for it and found this out, when the stereo will not turn on I used a volt meter to test the constant and turn on leads and neither one of the wires shows any power at all. When it does cool back down and the stereo will work again the constant has power all the time, like it's suppose too and the turn on lead has power with I turn to acc with the key. I have tested fuses and they seem to be fine and I was wondering if there is a relay somewhere mabe causeing this, I have no idea why it's doing this or how to find out. Like I said the only time it does it is when the cars interior is hot, sitting in the sun all day. I don't think it's the stereo because of the wire testing, not having any power going to the unit, and when it does the stereo works just fine, it may have something that is getting too hot during the day and not activating, and must be somewhere between the factory harness and the fuse box, I would like to know if anyone has had a problem like this with their accord or at all and possible soulutions or testing. Also, it has a power outlet in the console in front of the gear selector and when the stereo does not turn on the power outlet also has not power until it cools, something that both are tied in to, the power outlet and stereo wiring. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and any questions about the situation please ask, I'll explain the best I can to help, thanks alot for your imput.
austincustoms 
Copper - Posts: 232
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  

If it returns to normal after it has cooled off, it is because of the heat.  You might want to get your windows tinted, or at least try to leave your windows cracked when you will be parked in the sun for a while.  I'm not sure of any way to keep it cool other than those, but if that doesn't work for you, you might try drilling a small hole or two in the ac vent tubing just above the cd player.  I don't think that will solve the problem all together, but it will help cool it down quicker.  My only concern with that method  would be heating in the winter. 

blubird302 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
I understand what you are saying about the heat, but I think it is something that is wrong with the car, I have had this car since April of last year and all summer last year it never did this, and also my windows are tinted too. Cracking the windows may help but last summer I did'nt do that either and the stereo never did this until the first of this year. I still think it may be something that is messing up when getting hot, like mabe a relay or a circuit breaker, I'm just not sure where to start, any other ideas that may help?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
What I would do is run new constant and accessory leads from the ignition harness- put a fuse at your connections.  You can also run your own ground if you prefer.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
blubird302 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Hi again, the response from geepherder, thanks for the imput and I understand what you are suggesting. I have thought about doing it this way, I have actually already rerouted the constant so I don't have to redo all of my preset setting and etc., but I wanted to try to find out this problem first because I don't want it to be messing anything else up alot down the line. I want this to be the very last solution to this problem, but I would like to fix it the right way if possible. I also wanted to mention that I do have a remote starter installed, the Omega Mars 22 system, and had this done very early this year, January I believe. I would'nt think this would cause the problem since the wires just "tie" into the others instead of replacing them, but this problem also did'nt start until after I had the remote starter installed, mabe something wired the wrong way or bad connections causing it? Thanks alot guys for your help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic