icon

Diamond D3 sub enclosure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TeddyKGB 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  

I just bought a pair of 12" Diamond D3 subs. Now on their site it shows the enclosure as a maze  port box. I went to a car audio shop who said that even though it's more expnsive to build the sound quality is MUCH better than a normal box. Now on  another messge board this guy claims that it's a waste of time and he could build a normal port box and it would sound better and all this and I'm stupid for wanting the maze port box. Anyone have experience with these subs and their enclosures?  Diamond tells you to only use the maze port  box and I'm thinking they know more about their subs and what enclosure it needs, better than this car audio know it all.

boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
I don't have any experience with those subs, but I'd have to agree, Diamond probably does know what they're talking about.
TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
I have mine in normal truck style wedge boxes and they sound great just like that, as long as you get near the recommended airspace they will work well. Never heard them in a box like that though, so I am not sure if it would make a large differance.
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm
TeddyKGB 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
The guy at the audio shop said he's been selling them for awhile now and the difference is very noticeable so, I'm not sure what to do.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic