icon

New Kenwood HU’s, upper end

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone read or heard (or whitnessed) about the new Kenwood line of upper end head units?
KDX-X590, KDX-X790, KDX X890 ... or any of the other new Excelon models
They have some great features! including 5v out on most of them.
Comparisons
in depth with the X790
coppellstereo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
I typed those model numbers wrong, they are
KDC's not KDX
The magazine I thought I saw the article in is Car Audio and Electronics.
ty 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
yeah, just bought one actually, the kdc-x889 last years model actually.  Have not hooked it up yet so I cannot give you a review, but from what I hear it is great.  Not to mention 5v preouts as you already know, but also 24 bit burr brown dac's, and 4 band eq.  I went with it because I felt it was better than anything else out there for the price.  Almost went with what I have been dying for an Eclipse, but no detachable face, and that is a big thing for me, especially when I park in a bad neighborhood.  And I am done with Alpines' 1 Bit processing 2 V preout decks.  If you are interested sonic electronix might still have it on back order, if not the new ones seem cool too.
coppellstereo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, the new Excelon series seems to be really great. High end features at great prices. Anyone else have input?
Kadetheus 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2006 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
i also have the kdc-x889 and i've had it for about 5 mos. i haven't had a single problem out of it. it has srs surround and on top of that if you're really into customizing sound it has two 4 band parametric eq's (one for the front 2 speakers and one for the rear 2) which is a very rare find in radio decks today. i don't even think eclipse has that. so to answer your "?" about the new "X" series. they have come a long way and it is definately a good buy if you're in to a nice quality sound.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic