icon

Amp advice for Polk momo’s, 6.5''

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dandrade 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,  I am looking for an amp to power the polk momo 6 1/2" component speakers that I am going to be putting in my car ( http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uBPwGDkQomG/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=polk+mmc6500&i=107MMC6500). 

I am currently running a alpine cda-9851 headunit, (have a alpine type r 12" in the back).  I was wondering if you had any amps you would like to reccomend as far as brand or model #. Im kinda shooting towards the cheaper end if possible price wise, so not looking especially for the big brands (alpine, jl, etc.), and was wondering if there were any amps in the 100-200 range that you would reccomend I use to power these speakers, however, all reccomendations are welcome.  Links would be appreciated.

thank you

dandrade 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
Ive been looking at amps on crutchfield (gonna buy both the speakers somewhere else for cheaper), because they usually carry good quality.  Would I want a 2 channel amp or a 4 channel?  Is there anyway I could buy a 4 channel, using only 2 channels for the fronts, and then if I decide to put in new backs just wire up the 2 back speakers? Advise welcome for both posts, thank you
dandrade 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

That would be OK.  This would be much much better if you can stretch the budget, bridge the two rear channels for your sub -

http:///.com/Eclipse-EA4000-4-3-2Ch-Power-Amplifier-NEW-2006_W0QQitemZ9713949181QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or look for the EA 2000, the 2-channel version, a little cheaper but no sub option.  These are great amps at a great price.

boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
Click here
Any of those amps - even the JBL for $149 - would be much, much better than that Profile amp from Crutchfield.
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
Ultimately guy, you're gonna get what you pay for.  A good amp will last you many years & vehicles.  Do it right the first time.
jquest03 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
I too have these speakers and was wandering if they are worth keeping or should i sell them? I got them for dirt cheap and are brand new (along with the 6x9's).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic