icon

So i got robbed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
turbotyphoon69 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
Well, i parked my Lifted grand cherokee on 20s at my car lot and came back on monday to find some theives made off with my Kicker L7s in dual ported boxes which if i remember correctly were running at 36hz. Any way they made off wiht the amp but it was just alittle RF temporary amp because, My JBL bp1200.1 got stollen. So i bought a CC-2400 because i was told by many people on forums it was a good amp. Three months later, POOF that piece of S**T is gone. So now that i have vented, i need a new set up, SUB and amp. I looked at a 12in Kicker Solox but am not sure of what kind of amp to run 1500-1800rms. Or some other set up similar to that with one powerful sub and amp. Sugestions please!:)
1993 GMC typhoon pearl white- 3in drop with 18s
1996 Grand Cherokee frost white- Lifted on 20in Rims and 33in All Terrain KO's
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
Start by putting in a good alarm system first. Secondly, don't advertise you have new equipment as the thieves may be back for it too. Spend some time theft proofing your install by making it more concealed or too difficult to remove quickly.
sparky
turbotyphoon69 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
Removing these sub boxes was very difficult seing as the way the car was parked they could not open doors. They had to take it out through a window in which all of this would have never happened if the control arm did not break, because since it did i was forced to leave it in a bad area.
1993 GMC typhoon pearl white- 3in drop with 18s
1996 Grand Cherokee frost white- Lifted on 20in Rims and 33in All Terrain KO's
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  

That sucks...  I'm sorry to hear about your robbery problems.  I'd definitely look into a nice alarm system if you don't already have one.  About the amp...  You could try something like the HCCA-D5000 from Orion.  It puts out 1600W RMS at 2 ohms.  Also JBL is always good.  There are a lot of high quality amps so just look around.

That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
smartway 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
check out ebay for the kicker kx2500.1 sick ass amp. I have 3 of them with 3 12" solo x's and it pounds like no other and thats why i have no windsheild. You can get them on there for about $600 with shipping included. When you get the new box in bolt it to the floor. Just make sure you have clearence underneath before you drill through. A LEAKY GAS TANK SUCKS!!!!
                                Adam
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
Bolt it to your floor with some nice 1/2" bolts, make it so the subs are mounted from the inside of the box and the only way to get to the inside of the box is to unbolt it from the truck and un screw the bottom of the box to get at the subs.  Put the amps in the same kind of enclosure where you cant see them until you unbolt it from the floor. No one will steal it.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
I feel your pain. May they feel the pain of a thousand daggers.
Big Dave
ty 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  
yeah I agree with sparkie, do not advertise your merchandise around town, especially not near your house or work.  Get an alarm system if you don't already have one, a viper 791xv would do nicely, with 2 way paging feature you can know within a 1/4 mile radius next time someone is breaking into your vehicle.  But yeah thieves suck!
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
I kow how you feel, but we were hit right in front of our house.
They managed to get into the car before the alarm went off, but once the door was opened they were screwed into grabbing what they could see in the open.
They got a 5 year old memphis 4 channel, and missed the brand new alpine deck in the dash, the pair of L7's in the trunk, the 2 spair L7's still in the boxes from the weekend show we were going to and the 2 kicker xs100's in the trunk.
either way we have decided to move to a new house where we have a 2 1/2 car garage to fit both our vehicles in and make sure nothing will happen at home again
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
smartway wrote:
check out ebay for the kicker kx2500.1 sick ass amp. I have 3 of them with 3 12" solo x's and it pounds like no other and thats why i have no windsheild. You can get them on there for about $600 with shipping included. When you get the new box in bolt it to the floor. Just make sure you have clearence underneath before you drill through. A LEAKY GAS TANK SUCKS!!!!
                                Adam
why does this explain why you have no windshield?? Maybe im just the newbie here and I dont under stand this loud stuff..HAHA...
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic