icon

dei 556LW for equinox

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
biggest424 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
hi,i have a 2005 equinox ,i need some help install a remote          start in it.i bought the dei 556LW.if possible could you send me a complete instructions to get the wires connected to the equinox.on the passlock the blue wire says -status input,which wire on theignition should it be connected to?please send the wire colour matches for the 556LW and equinox please.also where to connect the yellow and yellow/black wires on the 556LW to the equinox?
glen
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
The "blue - status input" is the - output from your system that gives a - output when the remote start is activated. DEI calls this wire on their systems "status output"
DEI lists "The Passlock II wire colors are yellow, ORANGE / black, and ORANGE / white (not used)".
You would cut the vehicle's yellow passlock wire and hook up the unit like this:
556 Yellow to keyswitch side of cut yellow passlock wire
556 BLACK / YELLOW to vehicle side of cut yellow passlock wire
556 Black (passlock ground) to the ORANGE / Black passlock wire
556 Pink to ignition circuit of vehicle
556 Blue to - out when remote started of system
556 Red to constant +12V
As listed in the manual, the other 556 Wires are not used. Make sure you solder all connections.
Hope this helps
Keep us posted.
biggest424 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
twelvolts,thanks for replying,could you make it more simplier if you could match the module colour wires to the wires colours on the equinox.the wire colours i see on the ignition cylinder on the equinox are pink,orange,brown,green and 2 RED / white .if possible match the 556lw wires to these please.
thanks again
Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 19, 2006 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
biggest424 wrote:
the wire colours i see on the ignition cylinder on the equinox are pink,orange,brown,green and 2 RED / white
The wires you are describing here sound like the heavy gauge ignition harness wires. For the Passlock II bypass portion of the install the only connection you will be making to the thick wires is for the ignition (pink in equinox) input to the 556L pink ignition input. The Passlock II wires are all thin (18ga?). Remove the plastic shroud from under the steering wheel and you should see the vehicle's passlock wires.
Hope this helps
Keep us posted
biggest424 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2006 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
so the vehicles passlock wires are not in the ignition cylinder?and should i hook up the blue 556 wire to the blue tach signal wire at ignition coil on top of motor?
Twelvoltz 
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
The blue - input to the 556 is a low current negative provided by the remote start system that tells the 556 to be active. It does NOT get hooked to the ignition coil.
The passlock wires typically run along with the ignition wires down the column. I specified to take off the plastic shroud because it makes them easier to see and access.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
the passlock wires can also be found at the BCM underneath the radio, they are in the far left plug and they are pin's A8 and B8, right side of plug.
You also HAVE to use the vehicles passlock ground (ORANGE / black) to ground the 556L.
Also keep in mind you need to activate the lt.green (-) keysense wire or the service light will come on.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
yizzle.........my 556lw's dont respond to the equinox at all.....ended up using a resistor and a relay.........any idea why the 556lw's wouldnt work for us down here........they're hooked up properly but with this truck they dont seem to learn the rcode............neways

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic