icon

Firebird Stereo Overview

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mitch04 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

I was hoping that someone here would find flaws in my plan before I start purchasing, so please look over to save me from doing something stupid. 1993 Firebird

I am planning on running 2 Solo-x 12's in the hatch, fiberglass box  with mdf divider(already started the box) running 3 Cubic feet sealed(I know the Solos would be louder in ported, but I like the sealed better) 2 KX2500.1 Kicker mono amps putting out 2500 rms to each sub. I only have money for one amp and sub now, but will get the others in a month. Next, Kicker ss series components in kick panels, with a ss series 6.5 midbass in the door panel, the components getting 70 watts rms, midbass getting 100, through kicker amps. The rear will be mainly fill, with KX series 6.5 inch components getting 70 rms. I am currently running a pioneer deck, but that will be replaced with a dvd player and screen in dash. I will run a audiocontrol DQCX dual 40 band eq with active crossovers for all. The subs will go to 70HZ, mids from 70-500, midrange 500-4000, Tweets from 4000 up. I will get a 200 amp alternator, second battery with isolator, and 5 Farad capacator. If anyone see's problems with this, please tell me as I 'm going to start ordering very quickly. This system is set up for looks/loud. I like a ton of un-clipped bass with high end to match. I don't care if you can hear my subs from 5 blocks, I want you to hear the words along with it. Thanks for all the help.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
Good sound is a personal preference. Mine lies with a speaker like Focal, Boston, Eclipse and not Kicker. There are tons of options for you to consider, anything from Zapco amps to Xtant subs. A serious question here is what is with the all kicker approach? While Kicker does have some good products, there may be some in a similar price range that may offer better value to you. Before I went and did kick panels, I would reconstruct the doors. Personally I do not like kick panels as they are always in the way or has someone's leg blocking them. The vehicle I am working on right now has copious amount of bass in the back of it. To balance it out we are building the front doors up with dual 6.5" midbass drivers and a 6.5" midrange driver. Each door speaker has it's own 150w rms amp channel compliments of Zapco. Put alot more thought into the system before you run out to buy....even though the itch is killing you.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
mitch04 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
I have a way to get kicker cheap, so although their products might not be the best, the amount of sound I can get for the price is golden. Also, I already have the components and I love them, crisp and loud.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic