icon

prestige ch155 alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uicc 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1994 mercury sable ,and i have a presitge ch 155 alarm system on itwill i be able to add a remote starter to the aftermarket alarm i have. AP9075 remote start  will that work.

Thank you

bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2006 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
most of the newer alarms you can buy will have the remote start built into the unit. i'm not sure whether you can add a remote start brain into that system but you will probably be better off pulling that unit out and getting an "all-in-one" alarm/keyless/remote start unit. you should only have a couple extra connections to add the remote start if you are planning a DIY installation. good luck and hope this helps.
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 19, 2006 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
The APS-155CH manual lists a blue/black channel 3 output specifically for remote start activation. The AS9075A (I could not find any information on the AP9075 on Audiovox's website) is an add on remote start designed for this purpose. Yes, you could use the AS9075A for remote starting with your system as long as there is nothing connected to the third channel output from your alarm.
Hope this helps
Keep us posted.
uicc 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2006 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  

How would wiring the 9075  remote starter be if I do it. which wires to i have to match up?

bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2006 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
basically you will use the blue/black wire (channel 3 output) to activate the remote start brain. the RS brain will have an activation input and that is what the blue/black wire goes to. other than that the RS brain will come with directions that will tell you what each wire goes to and then all you need is a tech sheet to help you find the proper wiring in the vehicle. good luck and hope this helps.
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
You can use your 155's trunk-pop output to activate the 9075, as stated above.
But, your alarm system is not a long-range unit. Can you operate the alarm from inside your house? How about your work?
Installing a remote start on top of an alarm adds a couple of other complexities.......like using a relay to disable the alarm's shock sensor while the engine is running......and slightly re-wiring the alarm so that you can still operate the remote when the engine is running under remote start.
Compare the price of the 9075 to the price of an APS-786T, which is a combination remote starter and alarm. There is only a small cost difference.
If you pull out what you have, and install a combination unit, the job will be easier, and you'll have two new long-range remotes.........just another option to consider.
uicc 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  

Do I have to take apart all the orginal 155 alarm wires or I can get started from their?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic