icon

too many eq’s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayson358 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
ok guys here's good one i assume for all u vets i need all the help i can get so please give me any advice u have on this
i have a 93 diamante
hu- pioneer deh-p3800mp
has 2 2.2v preouts front and rear/ or sub out
eq(1)- lanzar vibe e750s 7 band preamp eq
has 1 input and front, rear, sub preouts
dont know what volt out is on outputs
eq(2)- crossfire cfq20x 40 band (20left&20right) eq with 5 volt line driver
has 1 input and 1 highpass out and 1 lowpass out
amp1- alphasonik pma4075 class a/b 4ch amp 75Wx4 rms @ 40hms 2 inputs front and rear and 1 output
amp2- clif designs cd10.1Lx class a/b mono block amp
350Wx1 rms @ 4 ohms there are 2 sets of speaker output terminals on this amp but its a monoblock internally bridged amp (i have had this amp @ 1 ohm for 2 hrs straight and it stays warm not hot at all its a hellava amp) anys 1 input and 1 output
1st how should i run the rca's to everything cause of the eq's only have 1 input its stressin me cause im never satisfied with the tuning of the eq's i know it could sound way better but im jus lost right now
2nd how would ya'll rate the crossfire, alphasonik, and the clif stuff r they good or what
93 diamante
pioneer deh-p3800mp
crossfire 40 band eq
alphasonik pma4075 mid amp
clif designs cd10.1Lx sub amp
powerbass xtreme 6 1/2 comp
"   " 6x9 rear
alpine 2 12" type r
ported 40hz tune
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  

Per your other post, yes I have a response here:  why did you buy all this stuff?  And since you already have this stuff, why ask for opinions on them?

Draw up an installation diagram on paper.  That's the only way I can do it.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  

Opinion #1 - You have too much stuff that is degrading the signal and is giving noise a chance to breed out of control.

Solution#1 - Sell all the eq's and the cd player.

Reality - you do not use an eq unless you need it to do a identifed task. To me it seems as though you are using the eq's as a bandaid instead of a dedicated and identified problem solver. In a case like this, I would take a good cd player like a <insert brand name here (shameless plug for Eclipse too many eq’s -- posted image.)> bypass all of the eq's and let it fly. Not once has this test ever let me down. What can be accomplished with one item, you are hoping, wondering and trying to do with 3.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
jayson358 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

1st i bought the 7 band cause its nice to have an eq

2nd i bought the crossfire later down the road cause i couldnt beat the price and secound it has a line driver in it

3rd the crossfire is the last inline before the amps to make sure the full 5 volts is getting to them

the pioneer i cant afford a nice cd player like an eclipsebelieve if i could i would

4th i thought eq's are better for tuning for sql than bass and trebles on hu

5th i jus want a really good sound system quality with what i got

so please some1 help

93 diamante
pioneer deh-p3800mp
crossfire 40 band eq
"   " 6x9 rear
alpine 2 12" type r
ported 40hz tune
jayson358 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
oh yea forgot i dont have any noise at all in the sound no hiss,whine,no nothing so whats wrong with having them all even when my signal is not being degraded when the crossfire is 3feet before the amps when it putting 5 volts to them thanx again guys for any infoe
93 diamante
pioneer deh-p3800mp
crossfire 40 band eq
"   " 6x9 rear
alpine 2 12" type r
ported 40hz tune
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
OK, there is no such thing as SQL to start with. Second, what you are gonna do if you wanna use all this, your gonna run the deck preouts into the 7 band indash, then you are gonna run the FRONT outputs into the crossfire and then out from the crossover to the front amp. You are gonna run the rear and the sub preouts strait from the 7 band to the amps in the back. Those ones arent going to go through the crossfire. This is IMO probally the best way to run this.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
jayson358 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
hu- pioneer deh-p3800mp
has 2 2.2v preouts front and rear/ or sub out
eq(1)- lanzar vibe e750s 7 band preamp eq
has 1 input and front, rear, sub preouts
dont know what volt out is on outputs
eq(2)- crossfire cfq20x 40 band (20left&20right) eq with 5 volt line driver
has 1 input and 1 highpass out and 1 lowpass out
amp1- alphasonik pma4075 class a/b 4ch amp 75Wx4 rms @ 40hms 2 inputs front and rear and 1 output
amp2- clif designs cd10.1Lx class a/b mono block amp
350Wx1 rms @ 4 ohms there are 2 sets of speaker output terminals on this amp but its a monoblock internally bridged amp (i have had this amp @ 1 ohm for 2 hrs straight and it stays warm not hot at all its a hellava amp) anys 1 input and 1 output
the crossfire and the lanzar only have 1 input so thiers no pass through on them
93 diamante
pioneer deh-p3800mp
crossfire 40 band eq
"   " 6x9 rear
alpine 2 12" type r
ported 40hz tune
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
If I were you I'd get rid of all that crap and start over.  At the very least dump those EQ's, run the two pre-outs from your HU to the 4-channel amp and daisy chain the sub amp off it's output.  If you really want to use the gear because you have it then Ravendarat's setup is a good way to go.  But seriously, your subject header "too many EQs" pretty much says it all.  Dump 'em on FleaBay and use the money to upgrade your head unit.
Support the12volt.com
jayson358 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
what about the volt output isnt better to have a higher volt preout put thats my main thing too
93 diamante
pioneer deh-p3800mp
crossfire 40 band eq
"   " 6x9 rear
alpine 2 12" type r
ported 40hz tune
jayson358 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
oh yea cause i read somewhere on this site someone posted a higher s/n ratio is better so a higher volt preout equals a higher s/n ratio in the system and the amps efficiency will be greatly improved then u have more wattage out of the amps "50% power is lost in heat" am i right cause most of yall say this in ur post
93 diamante
pioneer deh-p3800mp
crossfire 40 band eq
"   " 6x9 rear
alpine 2 12" type r
ported 40hz tune
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic