the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

All Speakers Come in and out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Walkercustoms 
Copper - Posts: 219
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, first this is going to be long so bare with me I want to put everything we have done out there so people can give me more ideas. First we are redoing the system in our project car and we took everything out except for the HU. Well we got the box done put it in and tested the subs last night and they were slamming we shut everything down. Today we get home from work and we hook the subs back up and there is like very little bass and then BOOM bass kicks back in and then back out (amp does not go in to protect mode). Well we thought it may have been a voltage thing because last night when they were working the car was on. So, we hooked everything back up amps, cap, X-Over and line driver. I turn the car on and very little bass then BOOM it kicks back in then out. We check the amps and we are getting between 12.7 and 12.2. So, then I thought it may be the deck its a JVC LHX550. the reason I think that is because a couple of weeks ago when we took everything out I forgot to take out the main fuse and one day I smelt something and I looked in the trunk and the main which is 1/0 was sitting on one of my RCAs and melted the crap out of it, and with that said I don't believe its good for the deck to be getting nailed with 12Volts on the line out. Please any help would be great. We had a show to go on Sat and now we are dead in the water. And yes when working on mine or anybody elses the main fuse is being pulled before I even open the trunk. Also, I checked the subs coils to see if they were open and on all 4 coils I was getting 0ohms so, I know the subs or fine. We hooked them up and I checked ohmage again and coils were still closed and when you pushed on them I got readings to show the coils were opening and closing.
Thanks
Wade
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  

If all of the speakers are amplified and all speakers are doing this, to me this seems as a source issue. If you have applied direct high current to the rca lines, in essence a dead short, it is going to backfeed to the cd player and take out the output stage of the preamp and or it is going to take out the input stage of the one amp. So, first thing to do is obvious. Replace not repair the damaged rca cable. Next try a new cd player. If the system is still down with a new cd player and new rca cable, it's then time to look at the amp. Have you replaced the rca cable and have you tried a different cd player?

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Walkercustoms 
Copper - Posts: 219
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
I do not have another deck at the moment and I am going to replace the RCAs in a little bit I just woke up and about to feed my big ass and I am going back to the car. Thanks i will post later today and let you know what I figure out.
Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic