icon

Odd CA670 behavior

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
britenot 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
I've installed a CA670, but when arming with the lock button, the door locks are not always activated. After sending an disarm/unlock from the remote, the next lock/arm signal only arms the alarm, and does not actuate the locks. Sending another lock/arm from the remote locks the doors. This behavior is repeatable. This must be some "feature" that can be selected, but I cannot find it documented in the install or user manual. I would like it to work normally, i.e. one press of lock on remote causes the doors to lock and the system to arm.
Anyone have a clue on this?
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Taht's a new one on me.  What is the year, make, model of the vehicle it's installed in?
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
Acuraxtasy 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  

What kind of Vehicle, Year????

britenot 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
Vehicle is a new body F-150. The CA670 door output triggers the body control module (double diode isolated) to activate door actuators; door solenoids used for CA670 arm/disarm to retain factory remote use.
It's definately wierd. I'll throw a light or meter on it tomorrow to make sure it is the CA670 that is not sending the signal, rather than the BCM ignoring it. The BCM hasn't had time to go into sleep mode.
britenot 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
This is definately a CA670 behavior issue. Removing the CA670 door lock wire and monitoring it with a voltmeter, it pulses to ground only on the second and subsequent push of the lock button on the remote.
Does anyone know of a "master reboot" like sequence for the CA670 so I can start from a known state?
Acuraxtasy 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2006 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

Being that the door lock wires (green and blue) pulse both a neg. and pos. during arming and disarming, check the positive pulse and see if it is doing the same thing as the neg. pulse .  Also check feature bank #3 of the programming guide and make sure that you are set for "1 second lock pulse" 

britenot 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
Disconnecting the green (positive on lock) wire caused a change in the lock behavior. The lock now signaled correctly. The original (weird) behavior returned when unlocking by remote, then signaling an unlock with the door switch (i.e. on the next lock signal from the remote, the CA670 would not signal for the doors to lock.) The signal was absent from both the blue wire (negative) and green wire (positive.)
This probably indicates that there is an issue with signal timing on the arm/disarm wires (hooked to the door lock solenoids,) since with the green disconnected, the lock solenoids no longer pulsed from the CA670 and the behavior went away. Manually pulsing the door unlock between the remote unlock signal and the next remote lock signal caused the behavior to return.
Doors are set for 1 second unlock pulse.
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

Is this factory doors locks?  What wires on the 670 are on which wires of your truck?

Keith
Acuraxtasy 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

Green is not positive on lock. I believe you may have it backwards. You need only use the negative trigger of the wires for your vehicle.

Green: acts as a negative lock

Blue:  acts as a negative unlock 

Also remove the "double diodes" they are not needed for what you are doing and probably causing part of the problem.

For your vehicle go to the BCM locate the pink / YELLOW wire for lock, connect to the green wire of the ca670.  Now  locate the pink/light green, connect to the blue wire.  

britenot 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
I explained it backwards above. I don't have it connected backwards, i.e.: the doors lock on arm (the second time) and unlock on disarm.   Also, the diodes are not the issue, the lock pulse (positive blue, negative green) simply is not generated by the CA670 on the first arm signal. If it was, the diodes are set up correctly to pass the signal to the BCM to lock the door (like it does on the second arm signal.)
Disconnecting the blue with black stripe MANUAL DISARM signal from the positive on unlock door lock solenoid signal causes the system to work correctly from the supplied remote (except, of course, the whole point of this wire is to make it work with the factory remote door lock system, so now unlocking the F-150 with the factory remote does not disarm the CA670.)
I've restarted the system by disconnecting the battery.
I've restarted the system with ignition on then putting the fuses in.
The CA670 is very confused about the manual disarm signal.
It is hooked up like this:
CA670             F150               F150-BCM
Green ---|<|--- Pink/Yel ----|<|--- Pink / YELLOW
Blue ---|<|--- Pink/LtGn ---|<|--- Pink/Light Green
LtBlue/Red ----- Pink/Black        (Manual Arm)
LtBlue/Black --- RED / Orange        (Manual Disarm)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic