icon

AVIC N2 rear camera?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cook74 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed the AVIC N2 and recently installed a license plate mounted rearview camera. It works great when backing up (goes to the camera view when in reverse just fine! But according to my N2 manual, I should be able to select it when driving forward also (half video view) so I can monitor my towed vehicle (not show or see movies). It does not do that.
It was a simple RCA plug in and tap + and ground install.
Anyone else have this problem?
Doug;}
free_refil 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
I don't have a rear view camera, but I believe that while you're viewing your Navi screen, you'll hit the button the left of the blue button (Not Navi/AV but the other one) to change the Navi screen. You'll hit the rear view thing to split screen it (I think it's the last button).
Pioneer AVIC-F700BT
Polk Audio MM6
Alpine MRD-M605
Alpine MRV-F450
Alpine SWR-1242D
RF 1 Farad Cap
Streetwires ZN Interconnects
KnuKoncepts Power Wire
cook74 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
free_refil, I ddi that and I get a black pix where the video is suppose to show up... I also went into the setup menu and selected "ground" verses "positive" to see if that had an effect. It does somewhat in that I can get a pix in the split screen but again, only in reverse. (not good that way)...
I either plugged the video jack into a wrong rca (which I doubt because it works when in reverse or the type of camera I have does not work that way (but that does not make sense to me because I think all the electronics are in the AVIC and not the camera.
Thanks for the response however.
Doug;}

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic