icon

decent sq subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayson358 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
hey to all the vets out there again or guys who have experence wiht sq competions im lookin for sume good quality 12" sq subs for under $250 each i know its not allot but its all i got to work with and dont tell me jl w3 been there and done that also i would like to try to use the box i have its a 3/4 mdf box with a 1.5" baffle ported box @ 1.4 cu. ft with ports tuned at 40 hz the amp i have is a mono block rated 350 rms @ 4 ohms, 500 rms @ 2 ohms, and 700 rms @ 1 ohm and its stable @ 1 ohm too i wanna try to keep the ported box cause thats about the freq of my car is so u see why well anyways any input guys would be really appreciated even theirs websites
93 diamante
pioneer deh-p3800mp
crossfire 40 band eq
alphasonik pma4075 mid amp
clif designs cd10.1Lx sub amp
powerbass xtreme 6 1/2 comp
"   " 6x9 rear
alpine 2 12" type r
ported 40hz tune
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

I suggest you get two of THESE and a new box.  It's a good deal and you'll get plenty of SQ.

That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
roger that on those infinitys :)
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
The box is more important than the sub. Want better tonal response, it will be determined more by the box than any sub you choose. What you are basically saying to us is simple. You want a new pair of jeans, you head into the store and buy some. You come home, put them on and discover that they are size 42 when in fact you take a 32. Change the sub = change the box.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
th infinitys are nice subs. but like forbidden said if you change subs you need to change your box. And if your looking for more sq try a sealed box...might be the sound your going for
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
The kappa's are a very nice sub.   The RE Sx subs are very very nice.   JL makes great products
you should be able to find something from each one of those makers in your price range.....if you are looking for towards SQ, why not just run one sub, with a well built box?
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  

jayson358, you didn't say in this thread how many subs you want to get, but you did insinuate more than one.  And you didn't say if that box you have is cut out for two subs or one.  That info would paint a clearer picture.  But as a generality, you can turn your present box into a sealed version simply by inserting  a perfectly cut piece of MDF into the slot and glueing securely (I recommend Gorilla brand glue, and you can buy that in a small 1 oz. version).  The internal box volume would now include the volume within the port.

I'd like to have one of those Perfects myself.  But I've got champagne tastes with a beer budget.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
jayson358 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2006 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
thanx guys and stevdart the ported box is for 2 and i alos have a sealed box as well but ill make a box also if i have to see i like the ported box i have cause its tuned around the freq of my car so but ive been lookin at these 2 brands the kicker comp cvr their meant for a ported tuned around 38hz and some mtx t5512-44 their required the same type of box their both bout 150 each but crutchfield got the alpine type r down to 200 a piece so i might get them and alpine recomends a ported box @1.7 cu ft and tuned at 37hz what is ya'lls opinions on the 3 if ya'll dont mind
93 diamante
pioneer deh-p3800mp
crossfire 40 band eq
"   " 6x9 rear
alpine 2 12" type r
ported 40hz tune
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2006 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:
I'd like to have one of those Perfects myself.  But I've got champagne tastes with a beer budget.
What does THAT mean anyway? I hear people use it all the time, and I spend WAY more money on FAR more expensive beers than I ever could on champagne. I don't like champagne anyway. decent sq subs -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jayson358 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

wondering guys what would be better

mtx t5512-44 12" x 2

kicker comp cvr 12" x 2

alpine type r cvr 12" x 2

eclpise sw-6123.4 12" x 2

now the kickers and mtx's call for ported box @ 38 hz tuned @ 1.7 cu ft

my box is 1.6 cu ft tuned @ 40hz do u think that box is good enough

the type r 's say .75 to 2.0 cu ft port? mines a 1.6 they say 1.7 is best

the eclpise is in its own box

which would be the most accurate, tightest, and deepest out of ya'lls opionion

(and do not say infinity perfect cause their not all that)

93 diamante
pioneer deh-p3800mp
crossfire 40 band eq
"   " 6x9 rear
alpine 2 12" type r
ported 40hz tune
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic