icon

What side should I run cabling?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t0mmyr 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

My battery is on the driver side so I am going to run my 1/0 power on the driverside, probably underneath the vehicle because the cable is so big.

So now my question is what side should I run all my speaker cable and RCA's? I forgot which one is the one that needs to be ran furthest away from the power, I think it's the RCAs that should be ran on the passenger side of vehicle, and speakers on the left, or should I run them all down the right together?  Is it safe to run anything down the middle? my car is FWD so no driveshaft to make noise

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
You can run it on either side actually. It does not need to be separate from the power. AC current will readily induct noise, DC is by far a different story altogether. Is it good practice to run them separate, sure it is as it also keeps a big bundle of wires from forming under the carpet. As far as running the wire under the car goes, not a good idea unless you have 100% secured the cable every 6" or have encased the cable in some kind of hard tubing. A zap strap or plastic loop is not enough to properly secure the wire to the bottom of the car. In time this wire will droop and catch on a speedbump or an obstacle on the road (like a flapcat from the roadkill cafe).
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
323gtx 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
I run my 0 through conduit (home depot) under my car. This is the best way I have found. No problems so far. After that RCA and speaked wire is a breeze. Put it where you can fit it(safely)
Mazda 323 GTX +
330 lbs. glass +
4, 5 gallon buckets resin +
1600w RMS @ 1ohm = 162.3db
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
i have always found that it is a good idea to run the RCAs on the opposite side of the vehicle. especially if your not using a high end rca because in some cases running them together causes alternator whine interference.
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic