icon

Need Series & Parallel Combination Info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kristkatalyst 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
That's where things atart to get confusing for me. I am very new to this and this is my first custom install over a 2 month period so I have overloaded my brain with so much stuff that I am starting to get to the confused stage.
A friend of mine is the one doing the tuning and power setup for me so when it comes to setting the amp, I don't even touch it. I don't really know the advantages or disadvantages between SVC and DVC. I don't know the power distribution from the amplifier to the subs. There is alot for me to learn and what I have learned has been mostly from here. The advice you guys have been giving me is exactly what I need and have been looking for but my brain is so overloaded with this system and work that I get lost.
It is probably possible that I would have to build a different box to house the dual voice coil subs, would I not? And this box right now is not ported. Each chamber is exactly 14" x 14" x 7.5" = 0.85 ft3. I guess it all depends on the look I am going for as well as the type of bass. I know you get a higher SPL with a ported box but for that instant hard hitting bass I think the sealed box is better is it not? People say about the whole air flow things and how that hits you more but does it really give you that much bass when that air flow is not coming directly from the sub? Maybe I am just questioning myself too much but these are definately factors I will need to consider when it somes right down to it.
As for building the box. Remember to measure the height on the sides of the vehicle too (not just the middle). I got laughed at for that one. At least I know I got a roll cage if I ever get into an accident cause it's not moving anywhere.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
You shouldn't have to do any box rebuilding at any time.  .85 is a good workable sealed size for a large number of different subs.  What you should do is just enjoy your system and stay with this forum to learn.  Don't get all caught up in trying to compete yet, but show off your hard work.  Everybody's got advice for you, remember that, and most of it will be either unnecessary or flat out wrong.  Let it flow in and out, and take your time grasping the major concepts of audio and 12 volt electronics.  It takes everybody a lot longer than two months.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic