icon

Lexus 2002 GS300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customcarelectr 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  

I am about to do my first GS RS and I had a question.  The only part of this install im concerned with is the functions that are controlled by the factory alarm key. The sunroof and windows. The customer wants to know if I can make all that work with the aftermarket alarm, or will his old key remote still work. What is the best way to deal with this without having the alarms interfere with each other. Is there a certain duration that i need to pulse the lock wire for in order to make the windows and roof roll up?

thanks for all your help.

redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  

my documents state that you will have to add a window module to get the two front windows to work with an aftermarket system.  The sunroof is not recommand.  What i would do if was you would be to see if the features that you are refering to work when the car is running.  If they do, then just tell the customer to use the factory keyfab.  If they dont.....you can get the 2 front windows to work but the sunroof is not recommanded.

Where theres is a wire there's a way.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  
i believe the sunroof have a half-way stop when closing, so it kinda hard to get around that even if you figure out the wires.
window up/down- use two diff channels to control arm/disarm for up/down via relays.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
itmdtr 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

You will need to tap into the wire in the driver door. If you put the key in and hold it to lock, it will close all the windows.

I think it's possible with a timed output. Not sure on the details.

itmdtr

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic