the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Kenwood h.u. quality stuff

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

This is question about kenwood head units. I am looking at selling them in my store. I personaly have not had a kenwood in many moons so I ask for personal and professional opinions. Is the quality good? Prices competitve (cost and retail), Not aksing for your cost prices but can I sell it feel good about it and make a few $$ ? Currently I am selling Panasonics, JVC, Pioneer and I have access to sony, dual, rockford fosgate, clarion.  I have been approached to sell eclipse but the buy in is a little steep. So fire away and as always I do appreciate any advice or experience shared.

The 12volt.com rocks. 

boug0752 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

From all the newer Kenwood head units that I have seen, they really seem like good quality stuff. I'm not a dealer so I can't really let you know about the retailing cost but I would assume that you should sell quite a bit of these just because of the name. The newer setups with the Ipod unit is really the ticket. Great setup if you ask me. I'm looking into that setup this summer actually.

Good luck ya..

If your counting pennies and dimes then maybe you shouldn't be spending every penny and dime you have!!
xtremej 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

Anybody with hands on. I've read up on them and they look real nice but, I'm always skeptical.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

I would grind Eclipse personally. Better warranty to the consumer, I feel a better built and sounding cd player. Business wise all you would be doing is slicing up the pie into 4 pieces instead of 3 whereas you could add a scoop of ice cream to the pie by adding Eclipse. Show the customer a better option instead of the same thing but different. The buy in may be a little steep, so grind them as well. Make them aware that they are not the only kid on the block. Business is business, if they want yours bad enough, they will come down and meet you somewhere in the middle.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
I sell Kenwood Exelon ( it's a little higher end then the reguler Kenwood) The stuff sounds great. You get 24 bit Burr Brown DACs and 5 volt pre outs. Margin is about 35 points on Head units, just like almost every one else. Internet protection is better the the reguler Kenwood and they don't beat on you to carry the whole line. I carry just the head units. Reliability is very good.
There is no such thing as free installation!
xtremej 
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  

I would love to carry Eclipse, I have worked on the rep to no avail. The quarterly requirements he preaches would have me out of business in 6 months. One of my biggest competitors in the are just went under, they were local Eclipse dealer. They had roughly 70k (cost) in stock they have been dumping at cost or below. Quarterlys  burried them in product. Love the product hate the terms. I will continue to chisel away at him it may take a year. TCSS, Thats the line I was looking at was the excelon line, its good to hear the specs match the performance. Hey Rob did ever get a chnace to look at my pics?

Thanks for the info, I think I'll go ahead and call the rep back on kenwood, don't worry I have 10 open slots in my h.u. display for Ecplise. Thinking about dropping jvc, local box store sells it for my cost!!!! Kenwood h.u. quality stuff -- posted image.

Kadetheus 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
i know that this reply is crazy late, but the X series kenwood is great stuff when it comes to the head units. i personally said that i would never buy another kenwood sub again cause i'm just not satisfied with them. they clip waaaay too soon for me even with bass adjustments turned kinda low. i've never owned their amps but i have worked with them first hand and they are ok for the prices you can sell them for. i'm a personal fan of mtx, infinity, eclipse, kenwood (head units), alpine, and i'm currently trying out boston. all of these brands put out great all around quality sound. and they have something for every budget. i'm sure that there are more brands out there with good quality, but i'm from a small area and around here this is pretty much best unless you're workin walmart in the budget. but to sum it off... kenwood head units are a thumbs up. i love my x889
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

Here is my experience with this HU I have owend several ones from kenwood and they all have been very good quality.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=67214&KW=jonchos

Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have the kenwood 815dvd. I would have to say they are fair & decently reliable. The picture quality is very nice. Decent sound quality. I did experience my 1st problem after a year. The face release button broke. Replacement is going to cost $197.00.
Kenwood would be your best offering if you added that to your list.
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
Kenwood Exelon makes some really good cd player, but when it comes down to it, the best kenwood put up against the best eclipse. the kenwood will not stand a chance, eclispe makes great cd players. the only drawback is the price. they do cost a little more then kenwoods. you would be able to sell more kenwoods then eclipses, but in my opinion eclipse makes some crazy cd players. there arnt to many cd players out there with 8 VOLT preouts, and the impedency on eclipse cd players, at least the 8445 i dont kno about the newest ones, is 55 ohms witch is just crazy. it all comes down to what you want to do, sell higher quality or a higher quantitie?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic