icon

2005 Toyota Tacoma Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crvz 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Its been a few months since i've worked on remote starts, but a buddy has asked me to put in an alarm in his 2005 toyota tacoma 4-dr.  I've read a few times about folks having troubles bypassing the theft deterant system (i'll be using a 555u on a viper 791xv).  Can someone give me a quick rundown of this task?  All the tech-notes i've read make it seem pretty straight forward, but I like to prepare myself before having the car torn apart, which will probably happen in a week or two.  Also, are there any other tricks to the alarm, say in the door trigger or otherwise?  Thanks in advance.

Chris

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
There is not really any tricks to this vehicle. Stick to the basic. Find and test all your wires first, hook it up the wire on unit. If you get stuck, post your question here.
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - TOYOTA / TACOMA / 2005 / Remote Start
12volts wht/blue (50A), wht/red (30A)   +   ignition harness
Starter GREEN/ black   +   ignition harness
Second Starter BLACK/ white   +   ignition harness
Ignition BLACK/ red   +   ignition harness
Second Ignition blue / YELLOW   +   ignition harness
Third Ignition N/A       
Accessory WHITE/ green   +   ignition harness
Second Accessory N/A       
Keysense GREEN/ black   -   ignition harness
Notes: Using the status output from the remote start to trigger this wire will disarm the factory alarm without unlocking the doors.
Power Lock purple   -   driver kick, 10 pin plug, pin 4
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
Power Unlock GREEN/ black (double pulse)   -   driver kick, 10 pin plug, pin 8
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
Can also use the passenger door key cylinder unlock wire, which only requires a single pulse. It is pink (-), in the passenger kick, 10 pin plug, pin 4.
Lock Motor blue/red   5wi driver kick, 12 pin plug, pin 10
Unlock Motor blue/black   5wi driver kick, 10 pin plug, pin 9
Parking Lights+ green   +   fuse box, 13 pin plug, pin 10
Parking Lights- green   -   headlight switch or BECU, pin 13
Notes: The Body ECU is attached to the back of the fuse box. It has a single 26 pin plug.
Hazards RED / white or white   -   switch or turn signal flasher,pin 10
Notes: The turn signal flasher is behind the fuse box.
Turn Signal(L) RED / black (F), blue/black (R)   +   turn signal flasher, pins 4 and 5
On models without daytime running lights, the blue/black triggers the front and rear turn signals.
Turn Signal(R) RED / yellow (F), blue / YELLOW(R) +   turn signal flasher, pins 2 and 3
On models without daytime running lights, the blue / YELLOW triggers the front and rear turn signals.
Reverse Light RED / white   +   driver kick, gray 12 pin plug, pin 1
Door Trigger GREEN / WHITE (ajar indicator)   -   instrument cluster or BECU, pin 4
Notes: The Body ECU is attached to the back of the fuse box. It has a single 26 pin plug.
The individual door trigger wires are at the fuse box. The LF door is GREEN/ YELLOW in an 18 pin plug, pin 7. The RF door is RED / black in a 22 pin plug on the back, pin 8. The rear doors are pink/black in an 18 pin plug, pin 6. Use all three wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision blue   -   fuse box, black 13 pin plug, pin 9
Trunk/Hatch Pin N/A       
Hood Pin N/A       
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A       
Power Sliding Door N/A       
Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock       
Factory Alarm Disarm disarms with unlock       
Disarm No Unlock use key sense wire       
Tachometer BLACK/ white   ac   data link connector, pin 9
Notes: The data link connector is under the driver side dash.
Also found at the ECM behind the glove box, second plug from the bottom, pin 1.
Wait to start N/A       
Brake Wire blue   +   fuse box, 11 pin plug, pin 2
Parking Brake GREEN/ YELLOW   -   fuse box, 18 pin plug, pin 5
Horn Trigger GREEN/ red   -   fuse box, 18 pin plug, pin 10
Memory Seat 1 N/A       
Memory Seat 2 N/A       
Memory Seat 3 N/A       
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Transponder
Part #: 556UW
Alternate Part1 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes: Standard on V6 models.
Smart Starter Kill Relays: Relay Type:
EFI Relay Location:
Engine compartment fusebox, Driver side
Part #: 6413A

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2005 Toyota Tacoma Remote Start - Last Post -- posted image.
crvz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the response.  Other than the keysense wire, is there anything to do in order to disarm the factory alarm?
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock       
Factory Alarm Disarm disarms with unlock       
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2005 Toyota Tacoma Remote Start - Last Post -- posted image.
crvz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everybody.  I've got the car in the shop right now.  Does anyone know which 556U installation to use on this car?  I am not sure if i should use the ring (which isnt working) around the key cylinder or wire it in directly.  Right now the car just cranks.  THanks for your quick response!!
crvz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
FIgured it out.  Pulled out half the plug on the box, ring worked fine.  Thanks anyways.
crvz 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  

Well I got the alarm installed, and everything works well save for one thing (which i didnt really test for when i finished putting the truck back together).  When trying to start the truck with the key, the starter cranks but the engine never turns over.  The truck starts fine when it is remote started, and stays running once the key is in the ignition.  This leads me to believe that there is some problem with the factory keysense/autotheft device.  As mentioned above, i did use a viper 791xv wtih a 555UW bypass.  Here are my thoughts (as it's a friends car, and I havent had an opportunity to troubleshoot).

- The ring of the 555UW bypass is somehow causing intereference with the factory autotheft device.  To test, I could take the ring of the 555UW off and see if the key starts.  If so, then I need to figure out a way to re-position the ring and the problem is sovled.

- The keysense wire i tapped into is getting some sort of signal from the alarm and not triggering the factory autotheft device to turn off.  Maybe diode-isolating this wire from the alarm would solve the problem.

- There are 2 starter wires for the car, and basically connecteced them together in order to get the remote start to work.  The first wire I tried by itself didnt work (though it was the starter 2 wire listed), and I tied them together instead of trying the other by itself first.  I could try the other wire by itself

Has anyone had this problem before?  I would love your input, as I would like to have a good idea of what to try if ever i get a chance to fix it (my friend doesnt care, as he remote starts the car all the time).  Thanks!

chris

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic