icon

Keyless entry Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jgbaldor 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed a Omega keyless entry into a '05 Toyota Corolla CE that came without power locks. I have installed all the acctuators, relays, and keyless entry system. Everything works well, except my wife and I have locked the keys in several times. The position of the acctuator on the doors will not permit the handle to unlock the door completely. When the doors a shut they are locked enough not to pemit reentry. After repositioning the acctuatos  more times than I can count I gave up. The Locks engage on ignition. How can I put in a bypass swith to unlock the doors without the key fob, and also relock? I guess the question would be how to make it like a factory unlock/lock system with what I have?
KJK (Krazy John's Kustoms)
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
You just need a Switch to send a Momentary GROUND to your Lock & Unlock wires.
Not knowing which Model Omega you installed, but on some, if  you don't hook up the Ignition wire, it won't Lock with Ignition ON.  Others, you can Program Ignition Lock OFF
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2006 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  

on most keyless systems i don't usually do an ignition unless i am planning on turning off ignition lock/unlock. but i recommend reengineering your actuators for ultimate performance. what brand actuators did you use? also, when you do actuators you really need to try and keep them in a straight line pattern with your existing lock/unlock linkage. good luck and hope this helps.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic