icon

camaro system situation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
camaroz2894 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
ok here's my situation.. while back i installed my system in my camaro..   i have bazooka 700Wpeak amp for subs. and kicker 240W for front speakers...  i have MB quarts for front speakers.. and alpine type E's for sub...  had everything workin great till i installed the compacitor and i was an idot and didnt mount it... so what happened was it fell on the sub amp somewheres prolly + lead and blew everything , blew the amplifier in the HU.... and messed up my sub amp...  well i got all that fixed.. and i changed my RCA's and remote wire and upgraded to bigger grounds.. and the problem i'm having is....  well 1) when i have the system hooked up for the MB's  it doesnt power it's self like it used to... on it's own it's not loud at all there's sound but could have the HU turned up all the way and sound of volume 2 on anyone else's..  and when i hook up the ground for the subs that's at the same spot the fronts are it gets it's full sound back..  anyone know why that is?? and 2) when i turn the volume up say 0 to 1 i get pausation in the subs and noise that's with car off..and if i had it on battery and turned the car on  the subs would make a loud boom noise like extra voltage to the subs.. and if applied brake u 'll hear the subs pausate again with a slight boom noise... or change songs the subs pausate rapidly for 2 secs... and cant figure out why.... only thing i didnt change yet is the power wires... i have #4 gauge for subs.. and 8 for fronts..  could the power wire's be fried and it's sending extra voltage to the subs...?  it's hard to explain but driving me nuts.... and dont like to have it like that for the equiment and cars sake... and also note that when the surge happened NOT ANY FUSES BLEW , and i know it's so fast like 1/10 of a sec that the fuses cant tripp at that rate... so if any this makes sense what could be wrong? and what do i have to do.. to fix the problem... ? thanks
jayson358 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
the only thing i would know to do is start from ground zero and a whole new system or start doing simple checks on everything with a volt meter on power wires and ground wire do all new connections with the wires cut all the wires about 6 inches back to see how they look after being stripped cause ive seen wire green farther along and wire like that does not conduct very well do all new grounds simple diagnosing starts with simple problems/things ie wiring to be checked first then more/bigger problems ie amps,hu, etc stuff like that jus start over by checking all hook ups are right u get the pic im sure
93 diamante
pioneer deh-p3800mp
crossfire 40 band eq
alphasonik pma4075 mid amp
clif designs cd10.1Lx sub amp
powerbass xtreme 6 1/2 comp
"   " 6x9 rear
alpine 2 12" type r
ported 40hz tune

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic