Cliffnet wizard voltage calibration?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
digitalspace 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I have recently installed an avantguard g5 with intellistart in to a ford fiesta zetec-s. I would like to enable the setting where the car will automatically start the engine when the voktage gets low, however the voltage calibration settings in cliffnet wizard have left me completly stumped.
Could anyone help me understand the settings and how to use them? Thanks in advance!!
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
hi, is it the actual programing that you cannot do, as in youve set it and it dont work, or you do not understand how to do it at all.
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
digitalspace 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
I don't understand it, it doesn't make sense. What value am I supposed to put into the calibration field? How do I calibrate the thing?
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
from what i remember it is prety easy to do, select the voltage part, set it and apply the settings, its been a while since ive used it, try and do it how you think and test it, see what happens.
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
digitalspace 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, that's not making a lot of sense to me. It doesn't appear to be as easy as that.
Any help appreciated :)
dxdenis02 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
ok so a battery full charged is about what 12.5v  so lets say you have you car sitting the battery will disapate over time if you dont drive it  so the battry will drop to a point thast it wont be able to start   so set your voltage threshold to a level right before the battery is to weak to start the car say 12.2v   i just got the programming cable and im tweaking my settings so feel free to ask me anything else while im working with this program
digitalspace 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
That's the thing. If I enter, say, 12 in the calibration field, the threshold slider begins at 16v (4v more).
I have no idea how this section of the program works.
dxdenis02 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
o ok my bad  with your meter with the car running or off measure the voltage enter that number into the field and hit calibrate   in this area you are teaching the alarm the exact voltage (the alarm might be off my a few tenths. voltage threshold defines at what voltage you require the remote start to be enabled   got it?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic