icon

line out converter and power wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ugotjewed247 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
will i loose the bck right speaker in my 2006 accord will it osund ok or will it be doodiety and also how do i run the power wire thru the fire wall i cant fine a hole anyone help thaks and how hard is the line out converter to put it
ugotjewed247 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
also how do u splice into the speaker wire
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  

Carefully drill a hole through the firewall.  Buy a rubber grommet that fits the hole that your drill bit made and run the wire through it.  You could improvise with rubber tubing and sealant.

You will not lose sound in a speaker by tapping the wire.  Those are two types of signals that are occurring, so it won't even affect the volume of the speaker in question.  Tap a wire by cutting a small section of insulation off and wrapping the bare end of the lead wire (that goes to the LOC or amp high level input) around it.  Flux it and solder it.  Wrap well with electrical tape.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  

You are scaring me. No offence intended however, based on your posts you really need to consider some facts here. You have a new car. You have limited knowledge. Do you have the proper tools. Is the likelihood of you causing damage and the repair for the damage equal to or greater than the cost of having a retailer do the job properly for you. Please consider all avenues here. If you are bound and determined to do this yourself, then of course we will offer assistance.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
bxscig 
Copper - Posts: 41
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
There is a opening already there for the 06 accords. At least on the V6 EX version that I had worked on. Look above your gas pedal a few inches like 6 or so. There is something round and you can pull the foam out and then poke thru. The gromet on the otherside will just fall out. 4 Guage wire fits thru there.
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
Listen to forbidden, Dont butcher an 06 unless you know what your doing. Take it to a shop, odds are they will save you tons of time and headache. And if you can afford an 06, odds are you can afford there minimal charges to do great work for you with no risk.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
ugotjewed247 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
i have done some installs before i just have never used a line out and i couldnt find a hole in the fire wall i ws just wondering
bxscig 
Copper - Posts: 41
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Check above the gas pedal, it is some where up there at least on the 04 Accords so you dont have to do any drilling at least.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic