icon

451M relay pack wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  

ok, i got a question. yesterday i was training an installer on how to do a keyless entry on a 2000 ford f150. this vehicle didn't come with a keyless entry so we had to use the setup for 5 wire system. everything went ok except the relay setup. i learned relays by actually having to think thru the process and figure out what happens when the contacts are energized and at rest so... we attempted to use the relay pack that comes with our keyless entry systems (ie AX-46). this pack also comes with a manual labeled as N.C., Comm., etc. N.C. or normally closed is obviously 30 from each relay contained in the single box and Comm. is obviously 87a. then i verified that i had +12volts going to the feed wire and the motor side and switch side of the relay pack were right but the lock/unlock didn't work when putting the trigger wires to a ground. the only other wire on these packs that isn't being used is a RED / white wire. i tried putting that on +12 volts and on a round and i just blows the factory fuse for the locks. btw, the factory switch worked fine after the cut and relay integration but the trigger wires wouldn't trip the lock/unlock. now after about an hour or so i decided to do it old school and put 2 relays in the vehicle and everything worked fine. so i need to know if anyone can tell me what colors are each contact on each of the 2 relays. the colors are:

violent and violent/black (i know these are 87 for each relay)

WHITE/ black and BROWN / black

GREEN/ black and blue/black

green and blue (these are triggers from the keyless/alarm system)

RED / white ---- NO IDEA!

thanks.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
red white should be the +12v supply for the relay coils.  If I remember correctly.  Though normally when it comes to those audiovox things I generally just use a 451m instead of the audiovox version.   The rest of the colors are exactly the same function as the 451.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

I had a hard time following your post, but just so you know Pin 87A is the NC pin and 30 is the common, you had them listed backwards (Pin 87 is the NO, for the record). 

On the 451M the WHITE/ black and BROWN / black are the 87A

The purples are the 87

and the blue/green are the 30s of each relay.

The small green and blue are (-) triggers, and the remaining wire would be the (+) coil, although I have never seen a RED / white one (just red).  

Kevin Pierson
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

I had a hard time following your post, but just so you know Pin 87A is the NC pin and 30 is the common, you had them listed backwards (Pin 87 is the NO, for the record). 

On the 451M the WHITE/ black and BROWN / black are the 87A

The purples are the 87

and the blue/green are the 30s of each relay.

The small green and blue are (-) triggers, and the remaining wire would be the (+) coil, although I have never seen a RED / white one (just red).  

The RED / white wire he's talking about is what comes from the audiovox version of the 451.  It's really the only difference between the audiovox version and the dei one.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
Audiovox has their own 451M??? Thats strange!
Kevin Pierson

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic