icon

Is my kenwood KAC-9152d done?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JdM xplod b01 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
My kenwood KAC-9152d turns on but no bass. I disconnected the sub and used a voltmeter to see if any watts is coming out and nothing. I pushed the sub in and out and i dont think its blown. Wha could be wrong? Is my amp gone?
Pioneer Premier TS-w3004spl, Bass Slammer vented, Kenwood KDC MP-4028, and a KAC-9152d.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

Try to "pop" the sub with a battery.  Take a small piece of wire from both the negative and positive terminals.  Touch one wire to each terminal and you should hear a pop.

Verify the amp is getting a proper signal.  Make sure you haven't accidentally turned off the sub out or something like that.  If you have a four channel as well, you can try plugging a set of those rca's into the amp.  If not, you can switch the rca's behind the deck.

If nothing works, your amp may have gone south.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
Difficult amp to blow up, if it turns on I would suspect you have no signal going in to it.
JdM xplod b01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
I checked my rcas and they are connected, also my sub out is on. Is my kenwood KAC-9152d done? - Last Post -- posted image. So im thinkin my amp is gone.
Does anyone know how the warranty works because i only had the amp for about 4 months and there is a 1 year factory warranty from kenwood?
Pioneer Premier TS-w3004spl, Bass Slammer vented, Kenwood KDC MP-4028, and a KAC-9152d.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
Take it back to the dealer you purchased it from with a copy of the receipt.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
JdM xplod b01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
but i got it from ebay. . .
ajrod27 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2006 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  

Just call tech support and ask them what to do.  They have numbers on there website.

Arturo

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2006 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Ebay generally means, you are screwed unless the person was a authorized dealer.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
JdM xplod b01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2006 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
I think my amp is ok bcuz i reseted my deck and it worked for lik a min. Then it turned off again so i kno it's deck. Does any one kno how to fix my sub outs? Its a kenwood kdc-mp4028.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic