Viper out of passive mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jyeaman 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  

Greetings,

After a visit to the mechanic, the alarm, which I believe to be a Viper/DEI on my 95 Mazda Protege is in passive mode.  The guy didn't know where the momentary switch was so by randomly hitting some button sequence on the remote, most likely while the ignition was in the run position, he put it in passive mode.  I cannot get it back to active mode.  I've tried all sorts of combinations of door open, ignition in run or turned on and off and then holding down the momentary switch, but to no avail, I can't get it to chirp or enter learning mode.  I can put the alarm in Valet mode with the remote. and the remote will arm/disarm with button I.

Does any one know of the button sequence on the remote to put the alarm back in active mode?  All the manuals that I have found only mention using the momentary switch, not the remote only.

Many TIA, I'm worried that I'll lock my keys in the car accidently!

Julianne

Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
what do you mean by passive mode? does the alarm arm it self or do only the locks work and not the alarm features
jyeaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

Thje alarm arms itself 30 seconds after the last door is closed.  The alarm does work, I have set it off several times not realizing that it had armed itself. The other thing I forgot to mention is that the remote has two buttons only - marked I and II.  I can arm/disarm the alarm with I, and can put it in Valet mode by pressing I ,II and I again with the door open. 

Julianne

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  

Try this disarm the alarm.  Open the driver's door.  Put the key in the igniton and turn it on, but don't start the car.  Then turn it off.  Push and hold the valet button.  After a second or so the alarm should chirp once.  when it does let go of the valet button.  Then push and release it once.  Then push and hold it.  After a second the alarm should chirp again.  While still holding the valet button push the I button on the remote.  The let go of the transmitter, turn the ignition on and back off again just to make sure it's out of programming mode.  Shut the driver's door and see if that works.  If not,  try and find the alarm brain, and get the model number off of it.  Let me know how it works out for ya.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
gregory863 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
 won't re-program itself.  gotta grab a flashlight and get the model #. it'll be in black like on the body of the alarm. not the white sticker. gimme that and i'll post what ya need to do. pressing and holding the valet with the ig on will only put it in valet. i think there's a simple way to restore all of the factory pre-sets but i can't remember. anyway with the model # you can fix it quick.
jyeaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, I gave it a try, it never chirpped.

Julianne

jyeaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Gregory863,

I couldn't find a specific model number, just these two (to the best of my older eyes' ability): Des 345,771 and FCC:EZSDEI1437.  The rest of the back of the unit had wiring diagrams.  Thanks!

gregory863 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2006 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  

model # is printed on the plastic use a flashlight

jyeaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2006 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  

Hopefully this is the model number, it was on a bar code sticker

A403681040

gregory863 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2006 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
alrighty then!!!   look on the brain of the alarm.   printed in the plastic. kind of like a nickel has a president's picture on it. will be a model #.  it will be something like viper 550 or  viper 300 or viper 600 or viper 200. none of these other numbers mean anything.  the model # may be on the other side of the brain that you might not be able to see. 
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic