icon

Replacing lost alarm remote?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deagz 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  
I purchased a 99 protege that had an aftermarket alarm installed. The previous owner had lost the remotes. On the red warning light installed on the dash it says "Clifford", which I assume is the brand of the alarm. I have no idea what model the alarm is nor do I know where the module is located.
Is there any chance I could replace the lost alarm remote?
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
yes if you are able to look under or take the dash panel off from under the steering coulmn,(most likely where the brain is installed) look at it for any numbers you see, and write them down. Find a clifford dealer and they can order you a new remote, instructions can be found on this site for programming once your model number is known, if you dont want to go through that trouble, you probably can find a dealer to do it for you and order it, only charging the programming fee (30-65)and the cost of the remote.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
deagz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks infinkc, I really apreciate your help. I believe Best Buy sells Clifford remotes and their site says they do free programing w/ purchase.
deagz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2006 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
I looked under the dash and all I could find was a 1" cubed black box that said "Clifford Carsafe Immobilizer". It had a dozen wires connecting to the steering column. This seems too small to be the brain, but there are no wires leading away from it other than the ones going to the ignition switch.
Could this be all there is? It seems too small to able to accept a remote transmitter.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2006 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
doubt that's the brain as well.  Is there an antenna on the windsheild?  If there is you can folow that wire to the brain.  The other optionis to follow the wire from the led to the brain as well.  As to the comment about bestbuy....   Yes we can order clifford remotes and the programming is free with one caveat.  If we didn't install the alarm in the first place we do not program new transmitterrs for free.  So if you don't have an install invoice saying that bestbuy installed it expect to be charged.  I'm not trying to be an ass or anything just letting you know how the big blue hellhole works.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2006 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  
is there a sticker on the window. if its a g4 system any of the g4 remotes will work..
the brain should have a name of the system on it like solaris, intellliguard, concept, cyber, and the no after it..
is there a visible valet switch. you may not be able to install a new remote without knowing the valet pin..
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic