icon

Double Chirp Circuit?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Theshadow27 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know of a simple way to get the BMW style "chirp chirp" out of a standard DEI style alarm siren? I was thinking of using two large capacitors, and two SPDT relays combined with a few diodes, but I was wondering if anyone had a better way. Any thoughts?

The alarm I am working with is a cheap unit from pep boys... Nothing special.

Thanks in advance! Jacob

dxdenis02 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
so you want it to double chip on arm   just and fyi old school cliffords double chirp on arm
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
single pulse to duble pulse module like the tr7, possible delay a couple of relays also, if you dont mind your door locking twice when you arm you can also use the lock wire and set it for double pulse and wire that to another relay to the siren isolating it from the siren trigger wire, so it will chirp twice when the doors lock, then the siren will be normal when it goes off.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
Theshadow27 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

dxdenis02 wrote:
so you want it to double chip on arm   just and fyi old school cliffords double chirp on arm

? I don't quite understand what your saying ?

But yes, I would like it if it would chirp twice on arm, and possibly once on disarm, if possible.

Thanks guys! Jacob

Theshadow27 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  

infinkc wrote:
single pulse to duble pulse module like the tr7, possible delay a couple of relays also

Where do you get this "tr7" module? I searched on Google and nothing came up. Sorry, I am not a professional installer, just a hobbyist, so I am trying to learn this stuff.

Thanks, Jacob

dxdenis02 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
i peronaly would stay away from a "double pulse module"  it opens up the idea of fudging the diagnostic chrips i.e zone bypass   also i dont know if that module will allow a full trigger  to pass thru.  may i suggest changing your alarm to a clifford . an older clifford alarm (before dei played with the design) meaning a generation 4 and older. i myself have a generation 4 advantguard4. this alarm double chrips on arm and single chrip on disarm  the complete reverse of dei products  this might be the most bullet proof solution and path i would take
Theshadow27 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  

Can't change the alarm, we are trying to keep this on the low budget - So far we have spent less the $40

I have a circuit drawn up, using parts that I have at home. I will try it tomorrow, but I think it will work

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic