2002 Honda Accord alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
proatthagame 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2006 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

Hello All,

I have a Compustar 2W900FM-AS remote start/alarm. I have never installed an alarm before and have been researching it for about a month now. I pretty much have it down except for a few things. I want to do this tomorrow so your help would be greatly appreciated.

• I know I need diodes for my negative door triggers but what size diode? I went to radio shack yesterday and didnt know what kind to buy. There was 1mp, 2 amop, 3 amp, 200V 500V 12V????
  • My car has two ignition wires and in the alarm harness is a prewired relay for a second ignition. Does ths second ignition wire need to be hooked up as well?
  • I also do not have the money to by the immobilzer yet but i really want to atleast get the alarm installed. Can I just hook up the alarm without the remote start? How difficult is it gonna be to go back and put on the immobiizer? can i just hook up all the remote wiring and then when i get the bypass just slap it in there?
  • Is there going to be any other location that will need diodes or relays?
  • Should I really try this or take it somehwere.........im scared.......but you have to learn somehow right?

Thanks

Yours Truly
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2006 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
**** I know I need diodes for my negative door triggers but what size diode? I went to radio shack yesterday and didnt know what kind to buy. There was 1mp, 2 amop, 3 amp, 200V 500V 12V????
You have a (-) door trigger wire at the passenger fuse box. Its just 1 wire that does all the doors. No diodes needed. Going off memory...the wire is BLACK/ white
**** My car has two ignition wires and in the alarm harness is a prewired relay for a second ignition. Does ths second ignition wire need to be hooked up as well?
Yes, you need to hook up both. You will end up having to hook up two ignitions and 1 accessory.
**** I also do not have the money to by the immobilzer yet but i really want to atleast get the alarm installed. Can I just hook up the alarm without the remote start? How difficult is it gonna be to go back and put on the immobiizer? can i just hook up all the remote wiring and then when i get the bypass just slap it in there?
Keep saving up money until you have enough. Much easier to do it all at once. Especially for a newbie.
**** Is there going to be any other location that will need diodes or relays?
Trunk release will require a relay. No diodes needed for this car.
**** Should I really try this or take it somehwere.........im scared.......but you have to learn somehow right?
You can spend a couple hundred and have it installed corrctly, or risk possibly doing hundreds or thousands of dollars of damage to your car. I would recommend having it professionally installed. If your have an Accord EX with the factory alarm, I would definately recommend having it professionally installed.
proatthagame 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2002 Honda Accord LX

If I am not hooking up the remote start does the starterkill/anit grind HAVE to be hooked up?

Do i even have to mess with ignition wires?

Also on the CN2 pin there are these connections

(-) Light Output 250 ma, (-) Status Output 250 ma, (-) Ignition Output 250 ma, (-) accessory Output, (-) starter output.

I know the status output is for the bypass but not the others. On CN1 on the alarm it says 12v constant then there is another one that is 12v constant with a prewired relay on it. If im not hooking up remote start do i even need to mess with cn2? Would i just use the 12v consant without the relay and then proceed with the rest of installation?

Thanks

Yours Truly
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
If you aren't hooking up the remote start, and you don't want to hook up the starter kill...why even bother putting it in? Sounds like you are trying to install an expensive keyless entry system with a lot of range.
proatthagame 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  

Well I want everything installed except the remote start.

So if i want all the functions to work except the remote start then which connections do not need to be made.

Thanks

Ps. I do want the starter kill hooked up.

Yours Truly
proatthagame 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Jworm,

Everything is zip tied, labeled, and ready to put in but i have another question regarding the wires to power the unit. On CN1 of my alarm there is a pin with ONLY a red 12v constant in it. On the pin next to it there are two wires coming from it, a red 12v constant and another red wire with a relay wired to it with a purple and blue wire coming from the relay. Which one do i need to hook up? Do i hook up both? If so, what do i do with the purple and blue wire? My wiring diagram says my car DOES have two ignition wires.

PIN#3 - RED / White - This wire has two functions: it powers the unit , and is connected to the pre-wired relay* found on the main ignition harness. This wire has to be connected to a constant power for the unit to function properly.

*- Pre-wired relay. There is a purple pigtail and also a blue wire that is the same length as the rest of the wires in CN#1. This relay is used for adding a 2nd ignition, or 2nd acc or a 2nd starter in conjunction with connecter #2.

Thanks Guys

Yours Truly
proatthagame 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
proatthagame wrote:

Thanks Jworm,

Everything is zip tied, labeled, and ready to put in but i have another question regarding the wires to power the unit. On CN1 of my alarm there is a pin with ONLY a red 12v constant in it. On the pin next to it there are two wires coming from it, a red 12v constant and another red wire with a relay wired to it with a purple and blue wire coming from the relay. Which one do i need to hook up? Do i hook up both? If so, what do i do with the purple and blue wire? My wiring diagram says my car DOES have two ignition wires.

PIN#3 - RED / White - This wire has two functions: it powers the unit , and is connected to the pre-wired relay* found on the main ignition harness. This wire has to be connected to a constant power for the unit to function properly.

*- Pre-wired relay. There is a purple pigtail and also a blue wire that is the same length as the rest of the wires in CN#1. This relay is used for adding a 2nd ignition, or 2nd acc or a 2nd starter in conjunction with connecter #2.

Thanks Guys

Anyone.......please........help.

Yours Truly
proatthagame 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 3:08 AM / IP Logged  

I installed my first alarm today and I have a couples issues. I installed the compustar cm3000 into a 2002 Honda Accord LX. First my door trigger is not working. The diagram said it was a BLACK/ white wire in the passenger fuse box in a green 4 pin connecter. Is this right? Because if it is then its not working and its really frustrating, I also have the dome light supervison tied into that wire as well. 

Also the remote start is turning the engine on (alot more rough sounding then if i was to start it with key) but then it will try and turn it on again and the starter will grind. Then it will shut off and try it again and the same thing will happen. How can i fix this? Its like the alarm is not recognizing the car is started and trys again. I did the tach learn on my alarm and the lights blinked and the siren chirped once so i assume it learned the code correctly.

Yours Truly
whitenoiz 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

It sounds to me like you have the wrong tach wire connected! That is usually the reason the remote starter continues to crank! Also, double check the door trigger wire! Take your multi meter and make sure the door trigger wire goes to ground or positive. I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be ground!

proatthagame 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  

when i remote start my car it will start fine but then about 5 seconds after it starts it will try to start again and just grind. It will only attempt to start again once after the initial start. After the initial start the engine sounds normal, then after it attempts to start again the engine will sound kinda rough, it just doesnt sound normal. It will continue to sound rough but will not attempt to start again. Its an 02 Accord lx and i have the tach hooked to the blue wire coming from the white two pin behind the battery in the engine compartment. When I use the "learn tach" feature the lights will blink once and chirp once indicating the tach has been learned. I disconnected the tach and tried the remote start and it would crank, start, and sound fine then shut off and attempt again like it supposed to when it cant find the tach. Is this a problem with the tach? Should i find a new location to hook up the tach? What about alt sensing? the alarm is the compustar cm3000 brain.

Yours Truly
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic