icon

sub box, amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
supracrx 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2006 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
ok i'm gonna attempt to build my own sub enclosure and i just had a few questions i got the 3.4 MDF and i'm gonna cut into the sealed enclosure size that JL recommends....how would i go to seal as in how would i prevent it from leaking any air at all...besides screws what kind of glue would i use? silicone, liquid nail, is some that i heard but what is best? also when it comes to making the ring for the sub to sit in..how do i make that? jigsaw but ive seen ppl cut some rings but how would it mount into the box? i know this is my first enclosure but i have more MDF after this to try to make better ones so yea.any suggestions help would be great
ok onto the amp for a JL w3v2 i know its 300watts @ 4ohms....for now i don't have the money to get a good amp but i just want to wire the amp for now to get it running and i'll take it easy...
i got two amps that i can get for free one is a kicker and another is a crossfire
anyone have the specs to a crossfire CFA404 i know its 4 x 100 watts so yea
and the kicker is a kicker dx350...any help would be great
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2006 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  

CFA404 is rated at 50w rms x 4. It was a great little amp that bridged to 200w x 2 as well. I would use it and see how it goes. Read the what is a proper sub box sticky.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic