icon

91 MR2 No Flasher

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blwtx 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2006 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed a Hornet 745T in a 1991 Toyota MR2 and have all functions working properly except the flashers do not flash in arm/disarm cycle and when the unit goes into full alarm. I do have the white wire from harness1 from the alarm going to a green wire in driver's kick panel. The green wire shows 12 volts when parking lights are on and 0 volts when parking lights are off. I never changed any jumper in the alarm. Have I missed something or could some one tell me how to get the parking lights to flash when unit is in alarm and arm/disarm cycles. Any help is appreciated.
mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2006 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Should be default positive out, not sure about being a green wire though.  Usually jap cars use a red wire in the light circuit, RED / blue or a RED / yellow you might want to check that.
WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
a568272 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
might want to test and make sure that vehicle doesn't have ignition parking lights. there isn't any special notes about this vehicle for parking lights but you might want to check your output off your alarm as well. good luck and hope this helps.
blwtx 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
Car does not have ignition parking lights. The parking lights will come on without the ignition being on. I am starting to think that parking light output from the alarm is not functioning. Unfortunately I only have time to look at this alarm on the weekends. Hopefully I can look at it this weekend. But , I take it, that I should be tapping into a +12volt wire for parking lights on wire? (Green drivers kick for MR2)
mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
Check for colour and function at the steering colomn that won't change at the kick, is it a left hand drive? If so the wiring you want will be in the right hand kick too.
WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic