2006 Mitz. Raider, 2005 Dodge Dakota

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Hurricaneduke wrote:

Cool it works......Now everything is working fine except it thinks im facing sideways or someting....not pointing the right way.....any suggestions, I installed hideaway unit in correct position

The map has two ways of pointing, always north and the way that makes sense.
there's the little RED / white diamond on the bottom right corner of the screen, press that and see if it keeps you pointed up
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Hurricaneduke 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
extreme1 wrote:
Hurricaneduke wrote:

Cool it works......Now everything is working fine except it thinks im facing sideways or someting....not pointing the right way.....any suggestions, I installed hideaway unit in correct position

The map has two ways of pointing, always north and the way that makes sense.
there's the little RED / white diamond on the bottom right corner of the screen, press that and see if it keeps you pointed up

No...no...no.....I will be driving north, and the arrow points to the east.....?!?!?!    It's not pointing they way the vehicle is pointing.    It thinks i'm driving down the road sideways, the arrows sideways, and it gets really confused when i got through intersections.......?

Hurricaneduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
Would it be due to not hooking up the speed sensor......why would that effect directional (compass) of GPS status?    ?2006 Mitz. Raider, 2005 Dodge Dakota - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Hurricaneduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
Another question.....Can I find the VSS by removing the gauge cluster and using tapping into one of the wires that gives the speedometer pulse, or is that way too easy for it to be true...?    Since I dont want to have to drive around while re-tapping/testing wires.
gsam321 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
There is not a useable speed pulse in that car. The CAN bus system controls that signal. If you are in SO CAL maybe we could use you for testing and get you a speed pulse. HOw important is this to you?
Hurricaneduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

gsam321 wrote:
There is not a useable speed pulse in that car. The CAN bus system controls that signal. If you are in SO CAL maybe we could use you for testing and get you a speed pulse. HOw important is this to you?

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!   Too bad I live in Florida 2006 Mitz. Raider, 2005 Dodge Dakota - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
I don't have VSS hooked up to my AVIC-D1 in my 2006 Jetta, I have no nav errors. There is something else going on.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Hurricaneduke 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  

I was driving to work today and it tracks me fine, the arrow doesn't point the direction my truck is pointing.  I took out the disc while i was driving and put it back in....then all of a sudden it was pointing the correct way and tracked fine for about 5 miles till it slowly became more and more "off".  On my way home it tracked fine, but it showed the arrow going backwards on the opposite side of the freeway: and it would kinda jump every 20 or so yards.  Like it kept re-updating itsposition, cause it didnt know that it was moving (no VSS hooked up)  How would that effect the arrow/truck positioning.  It shows north to be north, so thats fine, but is the VSS what allows it to "stay with" the correct direction of the truck direction.   I thought the hideaway unit and its position in installing it was how it know which direction facing.....? 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic