icon

windows roll up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
domiyork8091 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

What you guys think on just sending a long negative signal on lock, to vehicles that have the total closure feature to close the windows, when the alarm is armed.?   I have done this on some nissan maximas and armada can this be a problem later on for the customer, or should be fine?  its just easier that connecting a window module and cheaper but is it safe?

a568272 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
The only problem I could see is if the windows don't have limit switches on them, it could overstrain the motors.  This could be tested by just pushing up on the switch and seeing if the windows continue trying to go up, or if they know when they're all the way up.  Never done this personally, but in theory that should be correct.  Have done a BMW and used a validity output to activate the factory window roll-up and sunroof close feature.  This worked flawlessly.
domiyork8091 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
no they stopped fine. Trying to built a timer for it for about 15 secs how can i do it? 
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
use a DEI 528T pulse timer
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

When you send the (-) signal it is picked up by the BCM.  The BCM then takes control of the window motors and drives them directly.  The anti pinch system should still work and the window motors should stop immediately upon hitting the top of travel.  Keeping a ground on the wire for an extended period of time won't hurt the power window motor, but it may eventually lead to fault condition in the BCM (never really messed with that).  Most Nissan inputs cancel themselves out if they are in the 'active' condition for too long.  However, I would imagine that once the pulse is removed it would go back to normal operation.

Your best bet would be to use an AUX channel to control the windows, because I'm sure there will be time that the customer wants to leave the windows down or vented.  Hooking a timed relay up to the LOCK signal will give them zero flexibility and zero control over the windows.

Kevin Pierson
proatthagame 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  

Is this possible on a 2002 honda Accord Lx?? If my window down/up wires are (-) polairity and so is the Aux channel on my brain then can i just tap into the window wire with the aux wire and thats it? So when i push the aux button on my pager the windows will roll up or down?

Yours Truly
domiyork8091 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  

Great info, but if I want to add a timer so if the windows are left down and the motion sensor goes off i will like the windows to roll all the way up and not half way, how do I do it with a capacitor and diode?   

proatthagame 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
Now is this only for one window?? Im not sure if my car has that total closure thing dude was talkin about. If it doesnt then i would need to do this 4 times right? One for each window>?
Yours Truly
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
Murph wrote:
proatthagame wrote:

Is this possible on a 2002 honda Accord Lx?? If my window down/up wires are (-) polairity and so is the Aux channel on my brain then can i just tap into the window wire with the aux wire and thats it? So when i push the aux button on my pager the windows will roll up or down?

Wire the relay as I posted and it will do both up and at disarm, it will do down.

That won't work on an Accord.  If the Accord is a 7th gen (not sure if 02 is 6th or 7th) you can control the windows directly at the key cylinder, but not with a constant ground signal.  If you simply apply a ground to the 'lock' side of the key cylinder nothing will happen.

Kevin Pierson
forklift 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  

proatthagame wrote:
Now is this only for one window?? Im not sure if my car has that total closure thing dude was talkin about. If it doesnt then i would need to do this 4 times right? One for each window>?

nope, just one. The key in the lock position in the door tells the car to do all 4

hoping I pass the 1st class for the first time on 5-18-6, wish me luck!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic