icon

Clifford dome light supervision

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vader3234 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Guys, I am at my wits end here.  I got an Avantguard 5 for my Honda Accord.  I use to  to install a few years back and we used to do Clifford well before they were taken over by DEI.  I've got everything in and all is well except for the dome light supervision.  I have the black and white wire on the smaller of the pin plugs grounded as this should be the input and then I have the black and white wire of the 18 pin harness plug connected to the negative trigger door wire and that should work.  When I disarm the alarm you can year the 30 second domelight supervision relay click in the alarm brain yet the is no negative output in the wire.  When the 30 seconds is up, again you can hear the relay disengage.  Any help out there would be awsome. Thanks.
Git'r done
gregory863 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
you need a relay i think.  put a meter on it to see wassup
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
he has an on board relay for the dome light. if you can here the relay clicking but still dont have any output, make sure the BLACK/ white wire is not open for what ever reason, maybe a bad solder joint in side on the relay.
gregory863 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
okay is there an internal jumper that switches polarity on the dome out?
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
nope no jumper 2 wires are used, one for the output which on on the 18 pin harness and the other wire is used for negtive or postive.
vader3234 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
I have other clifford alarms on other cars, and it's same install.  Wanted to run it by you guys to see if I was missing anything.  Maybe its like you have said, it could be a bad connection inside.  I can use one of the accessory wires to do the same thing I guess, it's a timed output that triggers on disarm.  But it kinda sucks cause in my mind I'll know there is a glitch in the system.  I'll still try the meter on it, I think I have only checked for continuity to ground.
Git'r done

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic