icon

Clifford Concept 60, is it still good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thelabtech 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

I deinstalled this module with smartwindows II from my 94 Dodge Ram pickup. The harness is intact and I still have the relays& remotes. I can get any resistors needed for the door locks and signal lights and whatever else may be necessary.  I would like to re-install it into my 2004 Dodge Ram Quad cab. The truck is only equipped with a remote keyless entry system. I have the diagrams necessary for the trucks wiring systems as well as the clifford unit.

The clifford concpet 60 with intelliguard was pretty advanced for 1997 and featured remote zone adjustability, anti-carjacking technology ,and anti-code hopping features.

Given the advances in alrams systems over the past 8 or so years is it worthwhile to install this system for the sake of GPS tracking? I've been out of touch for a while, is this system adequate by todays standards or would I be better off with a newer system?

Thanks for any suggestions, Shawn.

scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
You can do better in terms of range and technology, feature wise new cliffords built on alot of the older alarms technology and got rid of the bugs making it  more reliable.  If it still works it is a very capable and high end system.  i personally have two vehicle that still use concept 40s.  By the way range, remote issues, and voltage sensitivity are eliminated with new systems. 
thelabtech 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Sirocco.

The system has been shelved for 7 years, when I removed it it functioned flawlessly. As with anything electronic there's always a question of durability and reliability. I guess now my biggest concern would be will it function now as it did in the past after having been shelved for so long. It's been sitting, undisturbed, on a shelf in my garage for that time. I need to test it out without tearing up my truck to figure out it doesn't still work.  

The availability of components like this to the general public for purchase is relatively non-existant last I knew, so if I had to ditch the Concept 60 for a newer unit is there a place I can purchase a similarly equipped system without having to get it installed?

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Purchasing a Clifford or other high end system over the counter voids the warranty with the manufacturer. This is not to say it should not be done, just that you will lose the factory warranty on the unit unless it is purchased and installed by a factory authorized dealer.
That being said, you can purchase the Viper 791XV here and they support this site by advertising on it.
thelabtech 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  

That looks like a good deal for sure. I wasn't considering remote start. I think I'll look into the newer Clifford systems too, I'd still like window rollup and anti-carjacking protection features.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic