icon

Focal/Audison

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pmh61 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
I heard a rumor that Focal was going to start a line of amps and that Audison is going to start a line of speakers does anyone know if there is any truth to that.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  

Yes there is most certainly truth to that. I have a Focal 5 channel presold, it is due to arrive here in the Great White North for the 1st time this May 19th.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
pmh61 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
I heard that Audison's speakers were called hertz don't know if that is spelled right but i hope you know what i ment. So i expect that the speakers will be the same quality as the amps is that right of me to say?????
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
Hertz loudspeakers have been available for a while in Europe.  They are owned by Eletromedia, the same company who owns Audison, and will be marketted in N. America by Audison.  I have not seen nor heard them so I cannot tell you what kind of quality to expect.
Support the12volt.com
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
I just heard Hertz in a store in Regina Saskatchewan. They sound pretty good but dont seem to set themselves apart from anything else in their price Range. The ones I heard were ranging in the 300-600 cnd range.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
avences 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
I knew that the new line of Focal amps wont be available in USA, I contacted the company who imports Focal here in Mexico and they told that the cost will be really, really high that is why those ones are not going to be merchandised in America
hertz fanatic 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

This is true. Elletromedia who owns audison has several brands that are now available in the US.

www.Hertzaudiovideo.com (Hi-end Speakers)

www.audison.com (Amplifiers)

www.connectionsaudison.com (Interconnects i.e. Rca's, Power Wire and misc. Amp kits, etc)

I have peronally heard some of the Hertz Speakers and they sound great the Hi-Energy Components which are priced between 299. and 399.99 to me sound better than anything in that price range.

Hope this helps

hertz fanatic 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

I have heard that the Focal Amps aren't gonna be that good. I hear they are made in China, and that they are priced like the Audison LRX's which I highly doubt that they sound as good or better than the Audison.

The New Audison LRX's are sweet more power than the old ones

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic