icon

Showing off my new gear.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  

I've been like a kid on christmas morning.  Finally have all my equipment(almost) and now the fun part startsShowing off my new gear. - Last Post -- posted image..

Here's the gear:

Showing off my new gear. - Last Post -- posted image.

One of the Soundsplinter rl-p 15"s for the lows:

And the powerplants:

The list includes:

1/0 AWG power wire, speaker wire, rca, distro. blocks, etc. all from knuconceptz.com

2 rolls RaaMatt BXT sound deadener with 7 yrds ensolite foam.

2 Soundsplinter rl-p 15"s going to be ported in 3 ft^3 each and tuned to around 30 hz. Maybe a bit excessiveShowing off my new gear. - Last Post -- posted image.. Crossfire VR1000D for the subs rated at 1332 Wrms @ 1  ohm

Focal 165 V3E 3-way component set which will probably be all going into the door with a little work. 

Zapco Ref 350.2 to run the focal components.  Rated at 100 Wrms @ 4 ohms to 2 channels.

Alpine Type-S coaxials for rear fill.

Not pictured: 200 amp Iraggi alternator, first thing I ordered and it's still not here!  What's the deal with this guy?  I read all good things about him on this forum.  I'll just keep waiting I guess since he won't respond to e-mailsShowing off my new gear. - Last Post -- posted image..  This will all be controlled by a Alpine CDA-9833 head unit.

Thanks for all the help from everybody helping me decide and figure out what's going where.  I'll take some pictures as the install goes along and get some more pictures in as I go or when I'm done.  This is my first big project so it should be a learning experience!  Let me know what ya'll think...

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  

You've got a nice collection of gear there! I am impressed. Now, make sure the install rivals the quality of the gearShowing off my new gear. - Last Post -- posted image.

By the way, Dom seems to be on his own time standards at times (from personal experience)

phatx96xaccord 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
sounds great, nice and extreme.  Have u thought about going farther with it, maybe with a carputer?
would u like your chicken original or extra crispy?
zhalverson 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks!  Yeah I am going to give it my best.  I've been on here reading for like the past month straight trying to get everything figured out so I do it right the first time and get the best out of my gear.  I'll definately be on here more as I go getting questions answered that come along.  I've half assed it enough times to learn my lesson!Showing off my new gear. - Last Post -- posted image.

zhalverson 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  

phatx96xaccord wrote:
< language=>postamble(); sounds great, nice and extreme.  Have u thought about going farther with it, maybe with a carputer?

As of right now no.  Kind of tapped out my resources for a little while at least.  I do have an older laptop that I could probably setup to go in but I'm pretty much clueless about the carputer thing.  What would you even need one for.  Equalizing etc?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic