icon

MP3 Player to Panasonic CQ-C1300U

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lowriden_acura 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 512 MB MP3 Player I am tring to get to work on my CQ-C1300U PANASONIC deck.
My deck has a CD Changer INPUT set (female ends) of RCA's on the back of the deck. I got a cable that plugs into the CD Changer INPUT (male RCA ends) rca's and comes out a headphone jack tha plugs in the MP3 Player.
When I hook it up I can't get the MP3 player to work. Is there something I need to do to the deck to make it go into the CD Changer mode or something (I have no user manual)? Any input greatly appreicated.
Thanks in advance.
lowriden_acura 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
heres a link if it helps at all
http://www.cardomain.com/item/PANCQC1300U#accessories
lowriden_acura 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
bump
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
That CD changer plug is not the same as an auxiliary input and therefore cannot be used as such. I do not remember 100% but I believe you will need either a auxiliary input adapter for that HU if one is made or you may have to go with a wired FM modulator or look for a new HU with an aux. in
dfizzle 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
From what I can see, ferretvw is right, that deck's CD changer port can not be converted to AUX in.  Generally if it is possible most sites will list AUX in as an "optional" feature, like on most of the Pioneer Models without dedicated AUX in.  On all the sites I checked, AUX is a definate no for that deck.  You might try switching modes though.  On my old Pioneer 6400 you had to go into the menu and turn AUX on before it would pick up the signal.  Like I said though, I wouldn't get your hopes up.  Unfortunately, Panasonic didn't start making their decks iPod compatable until this year.  There's a dedicated cable for the 2006 models - Here's a link - but that doesn't do you much good.  I'd say your options have pretty much been given already, go with an FM modulator or find another deck.
lowriden_acura 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for everyones input, I am going to look around for some type of aux input adapter I guess. I shave the radio antenna on the car so the FM modulator prob won't do too much good.
ferretvw 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
After looking around some more Im fairly certain that unit does not have an aux in adapter however the wired FM transmitter will still work even though the antenna is gone it doesnt depend on the antenna for signal it just uses the antenna input on the radio to get its signal to the HU
lowriden_acura 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
Any chances you can give me a link for the FM transmitter like your talking about.
I really appreciate the input! Thanks.
ferretvw 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
FM Modulator
This one is from circuit city it is nice because it has two selectable frequencies and also comes with a switch to turn it on and off it just needs a switched ACC wire and a ground this is the one I normally use but any that goes in line with the vehicle antenna and has an input will work and another brand may be cheaper

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic