the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

02 Audi A6 w/bose

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Ok not real experienced with audi's so please bare with me. Is it possible to hook up remote turn on and play thru bose amp? If not any suggestions it has no plugs left previous "installer" cut them out?
gregory863 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
hey i just did one of those. explain does it still have the head unit or are you trying to hook up a new radio to the bose amp?
I can eat fifty eggs
xtremej 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
Ya I was trying to hook up a new h.u., but at the customers request I ordered a new factory plug  for the car and the metra 70-1787 harness to interface with bose amp. Is there another way to tie into the factory amp?
gregory863 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
yeah you cut a 3ft rca in half and solder in front and rear rca"s. look in the trunk right above the right rear wheel for the amp and you can see what are the pre-amp positives
I can eat fifty eggs
xtremej 
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
Eggs are good, I don't think I could eat 50 though. I was thinking last night,I wonder if you could attach those rcas right up front in the lower plug. I powered  up the amp and used a low volt battery to pulse the wires and I got all of them to pulse off that plug. I was thinking maybe a guy could solder the rcas in there and plugem in? When the car comes back I may test this theory and I'll post it if it works. Not one other shop stock the metera harness for that car in my location.
gregory863 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
allrighty then!!  start thinking differantly. every shop in your town will tell this guy he has to replace his amp and speakers and do a complete rewire. power up the amp by the white wire in the oe harness. you can then power up your aftermarket radio. plug in a cut and stripped rca wire in and start probing the small gage pre-amp wires. i remember that the ground for the pre-amp was a single brown small gage wire.
I can eat fifty eggs
xtremej 
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  

cool, I appreciate the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic