icon

dei 457 gw

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
old_skool 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

Experts. I disconnected the battery last night and lost all alarm fuctions. Does somebody know the programming instructions for the 457GW so I can reprogram this and my alarm. Please advise ASAP.

Thanks

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
The only "programming" the 457G requires is passlock learning, and that is done everytime you start the vehicle with a key automatically.
When you say you lost all functions, what is not working? Is the alarm responding to the transmitters?
old_skool 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
I have the clifford 3.5. When I push any key on the remote is beeps for no signal or antenna. I have already checked the connections and tried reprogramming the alarm, but it will not program. And I am thinking it will not program because is doesn't see the door trigger. So that is why I want to look and the GM 457 module.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen some DEI pieces in GM's that lock up when the battery is being reconnected, they do not like the surges from the side post terminal being reinserted. Try just disconnecting the fuses to the system and reconnecting, this may clear up your issue.
old_skool 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
I disconnected the antenna connector from the alarm module and plugged it back in and all works well now. It must have been locked up. THANKS for the help. You guys are the ISH.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic