icon

Progressive unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rob422 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
I am looking over the Viper 791xv manual and the there is no explanation about wiring the locks.  I have a 96 buick lesabre that has an oem keyless entry.  How do you wire it up? bypass the oem keyless entry and pulse the lock motor for the drivers than tap the unlock switch to unlock all the doors? Can some please tell me how the wire the relays? Thank you
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
to wire up driver door priority unlock you will have to wire your system up as follows: the blue unlock output from the alarm will be wired to a relay that will operate just the unlock side of the driver door motor in a 5-wire setup.  You'll have to get the wiring for this one at the lock motor in the door.  The 2nd unlock output (light blue wire H2/1) should be connected to an ORANGE / black (-) unlock wire in the car coming from the driver door boot.  The first pulse will only operate the driver doorlock motor, the second pulse will unock all doors.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
bigman17 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
Whick second unlock wire should I use for a 791xv alarm, the H2/3 programmable channel 4 output or the H2/6 Second unlock pulse (no info in manual)
Hornshockey 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
you'll want to use the light blue H2/1 second unlock output, it will pulse after the unlock button is pressed a second time.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
bigman17 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply. I have a couple questions:

1)  How exactly whould I wire it so it will unlock all the doors.  Can I just connect it to the unlock switch without a relay?

2) How do I connect the first unlock pulse to the dirves door. Obviously I need a relay but how do I wire it into the lock.?

Hornshockey 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

1- connect the light blue 2nd unlock wire directly to the ORANGE / black wire coming from the driver's door boot into the car, after testing to verify the wire is correct first, of course.

2- You'll need to use a SPDT relay  and you'll need to access to the doorlock motor, which means you'll need to remove the driver door panel.  Look under the door lock diagrams on the left side of the page, there's a 5-wire setup, that's the one you'll want to use, but you'll only want the unlock half of the diagram.

bigman17 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks a lot. I believe you but im just curious because I need to also wire the parking light switch and trunk release switch how come the 2nd unlock pulse does not need a relay?

Hornshockey 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
all that the unlock wire in the vehicle does is drive a relay to operate door locks.  You're still operating a relay with the second unlock wire, it's just already set up in the car.
bigman17 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

Please look at the last 2 pages of this pdf and tell me which setup to use and which color wires of the viper791xv door lock harness to connect to the diagram.

http://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/...

Hornshockey 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

-your primary unlock wire (blue in the 2 wire lock harness) will be type C: reversing polarity

-your second unlock (light blue H2/1) will be type B: negative pulse

-your lock (green in the 2 wire lock harness) will be type B: negative pulse

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic