icon

87 BMW 325e pwr windows dont work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
black78ta 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, we just did an install tonight on a 1987 325e.  We did a radio, 4 speakers, and alarm.  We didn't touch the center console, but as the customer was leaving, his windows weren't working, up or down.  All switches are plugged in but I don't have too much experience with these older BMWs.  Are there any fuses or harnesses throughout the car that I can check to make sure everything is plugged in.  Thanks guys.

Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
I've done a couple older bimmers which had a window reset button on the dash or center console.  The button was not marked in any way, just a plain black button.  Scared the living daylights outta me though when I go to pull the car out and the windows don't move.  Tried checking all the fuses and everything I could think of, but in my curious nature I tried pushing that little button, and lo and behold, windows work again.  I'm not sure if its a safety lockout feature or what, but see if this applies to your car.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
black78ta 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  
Haha.... yeah, thats the first thing I tried.  I was pressing buttons everywhere, hoping something would work.  I checked all the fuses and everything checks out ok.  One of the worst feelings in the world is trying to troubleshoot something right in front of a customer that should be working in the first place.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic