icon

inverter to a game plate

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pi3yeargrad 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  

I have a (AC-DC)400 watt inverter that has an on/off switch. I have opened the inverter and the switch has 2 leads. I have this inverter ran to a game plate (game port)  that also has an on/off switch. This switch on the game plate has 3 leads. I am wondering how I would bypass the switch from the inverter so that the switch on the game plate turns on/off the inverter...

I have this mobile video game plate found at http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=205-054&Cfid=413474&CFTOKEN=15603890

I also have this Maxtor inverter found at http://www.powersystemsdirect.com/Vector_Manufacturing/400_Watt_12V_Power_Inverter_VEC024_Maxx_SST_1487.php

model number VEC024

I would like to bypass the switch and have the inverter turn on with the game plate switch like I said how would I wire this?

Any help is appreciated, Thank you

slowfire01 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
wire a relay!!! other wise you are wasting your time because youll have to take the game console apart and thats a waste of time!!!
jason
mecp certified installer
intersts provoke installs
pi3yeargrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

slowfire01 wrote:
wire a relay!!! other wise you are wasting your time because youll have to take the game console apart and thats a waste of time!!!
jason
mecp certified installer

?? game console apart?? Im running a power inverter to a game plate...check out the links so u can see exactly what Im talkin bout...I dont mind opening the inverter...like I said the switch there has 2 leads so I wanna bypass that switch and run it to the switch on the gam plate to have that switch turn on/off the inverter...

stormraider04 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
i think the third one is just an extra. its a SPDT switch. you use the middle and one of the sides. the pic of the rear of the game plate shows the middle and the 1 side hooked up to an led. so id say hook your power inverter to those 2 leads and when the switch is on the led will be on.
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

1. On the plate take out the wires on the center tap of the switch. Remove the one that goes from the switch to the outlet and wire the other one( the one going to the light) in its place on the outlet.  The light will now have both leads connected to the outlet

2. Hook up the power plug to the back of the outlet.

3. Now the switch shouldn't have any wires connected to it.

4. Take the switch out from the inverter and extend the wires  to the plate. Connect one on to the middle contact of the switch and the other one on to the one on the left if  you are looking at it from the back.

5. Enjoy the plate

pi3yeargrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
bdl666 wrote:

1. On the plate take out the wires on the center tap of the switch. Remove the one that goes from the switch to the outlet and wire the other one( the one going to the light) in its place on the outlet.  The light will now have both leads connected to the outlet

2. Hook up the power plug to the back of the outlet.

3. Now the switch shouldn't have any wires connected to it.

4. Take the switch out from the inverter and extend the wires  to the plate. Connect one on to the middle contact of the switch and the other one on to the one on the left if  you are looking at it from the back.

5. Enjoy the plate

this actually sounds like great advice...thanks man...

Anyway u could draw me up a quick diagram to help me out a bit more?

pi3yeargrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  

I went ahead and did my own illustration...

inverter to a game plate -- posted image.

Is that how it should be? And the dotted wire on the first illustration isnt used? Ur help is appreciated, thanks

pi3yeargrad 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

OK, well I went ahead and did it the way I illustrated and it worked great! thanks a lot man!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic