icon

Window roll up/down w/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steel-reserve 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

hi!   i'm new to all of this so i tend to research and as soon as i get a theory i try to make it happen... well anyway...  here's my problem:

i have a mitsubishi eclipse 2001. manual..with a prestige car alarm...

i want to make my windows roll up/down when i press the lock/unlock on my alarm etc..

last night i was messing with the window wires and found that if .. well say for example:

i cut the right window roll up wire (driver side door)   grounded the side that has the button and gave a 12+ constant to the other side of the wire i cut(the one going into the door)  now i got the windows to roll up/down just by touching wires, but my question(s) are,  how would i hook up a simple relay(s) to make this happen??  then..... once i get that working again with the relays.. how would i **THEN ** hook it up to a timer relay **AND** my lock/unlock wires from my alarm??          Any diagram  explanation anything helpful would be very much appreciated. thanx in advance.... btw i have many relays and i have 1 timer realy.. i can get more if needed.. thanx again!!

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
The DEI 530T will do everything you need in one box, and will be safer than just a timer circuit.
steel-reserve 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
i know thats what alot of people tell me, but there's always more than 1 way to skin a cat.. more than 1 way to shoot a gat... j/k  but ya.  thanx for the help..  but if u know how to do it the way i'm trying please let me know.. thanx
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
twelve is trying to give you some professional advise there..
sorry but a window module is the way to go. its made for what you wanna do.
why have windows go on lock and unlock what if it rains
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  

You can do it rather easily with a five wire relay setup and some timer relays.

However, be prepared to change out your window motors on a fairly regular basis.  You will be driving the motors directly, and when they hit the window hits the top of the track that motor is going to keep on pushing.

Kevin Pierson
steel-reserve 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  

Well thanx for all the advice.. i decided to connect the windows to my trunk release wire(which by the way is not connected to anything)  so i can unlock my doors and if its a sunny day.. then i press the trunk button and the windows go down! :)  now i just gotta work on my windows going up... i going to be using about 6 relays total and 2 timer relays...  might be ghetto, but it works!  :)

dxdenis02 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
buy the 530t please
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
If it's a money thing go to asianwolf and buy a 2 window up module for $14 plus $7 shipping. It's so much safer for the up portion and allows you to vent the windows an inch while the alarm is armed. The relays won't allow that without a but load of extra parts which will end up costing much more than the unit designed specifically for this application. I used 2 of the 4 window smart units to roll up and down my 4 windows. They aren't DEI but I've had 2 units in my car for 3 years and I've had no problems with them. They are under half the cost of the DEI counterparts. The units are nice because they do the windows sequentially which is easier on the battery than trying to roll up more than 1 at the same time. If you really want to utilize the timer and relays than go ahead and use it for the down function. The up however should be done with a module and if your doing that then spending another $12 to do both up and down seems much more pratical than dicking with wiring up all the relays and timers. It's going to look like a real rat's nest with all that additional wiring. If you like a nice clean looking and reliable install then the module is definately the way to go.
http://asianwolf.com/caraccess2003/access1.htm
Steve G
steel-reserve 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
cool.  ya thanks. i think imma gonna do that instead cause it was looking kinda messy..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic