mmh1 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I've just fitted an aftermarket central locking kit which works like this:
Driver's door has a 5 wire motor
Passenger doors have a 2 wire motor
The motors are connected to a control unit which has 2 inputs for negative alarm lock/unlock pulses - wires are white for lock and brown for unlock. Also turning the key or pressing the driver's lock pin locks/unlock all other doors.
I'm trying to get a Drivers Door Priority system and have bought and Omega DLS-3 module, which requires me to identify what type of central locking I have.
Any ideas advice would be appreciated. Thanks,
steve schofield 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 4:37 AM / IP Logged  
Your CDL is negative pulse. The five wire motor consists of 2 wires for the motor control, ie reverse polarity lock / unlock. Two wires are for switching the CDL relay and 1 wire for the common control to the switch in the motor. The 2 wire motors are slaves, reversed polarity lock / unlock. If the control wires for an alarm system require a negative pulse then I would assume the common wire to the 5 wire motor is negative. With a volt meter it would be quite easy to locate each wire and its function. You may be able to work out how to connect the omega control once you have determined what each of the 5 wires to the drivers door motor are controlling!
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
The DLS-3 has NEGATIVE Pulse Outputs.
You would hook the WHITE & BROWN wires from Door Lock Control Unit to the DLS-3 NEGATIVE Pulse wires ( Usually Green - Lock  & Blue - Unlock )
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
mmh1 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, thanks for the reply Steve.

Would my CDL system be classed as a '3 wire grounding' or a '5 wire reverse polarity' system?

mo12v wrote:
The DLS-3 has NEGATIVE Pulse Outputs.
You would hook the WHITE & BROWN wires from Door Lock Control Unit to the DLS-3 NEGATIVE Pulse wires ( Usually Green - Lock  & Blue - Unlock )

Hi Mo, how would I wire to create driver's door priority for my system using the DLS-3 module (my alarm is a an Omega k9-classic -E and has DDP outputs)?

Thanks, Mo

steve schofield 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
The locking system would be classed as a "neg pulse system" because the relay operating the CDL requires a neg pulse. However, the 5 wire motor is operating by way of reveresed polarity! As the system is now, however you operate the drivers door the others will follow because not only is it a motor, it is also the commander for the other doors. I don't know the omega DLS-3. Would need operating details along with a wiring diagram to help further!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic