icon

'96 Firebird, Door Locks, Viper V791

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fbird96 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone help me I have just finished installing my first alarm (Viper V791) on a 96' pontiac firebird and I am having trouble with getting my doors opened after the door is closed. I have connected the wires like the manual suggests but the remote cannot open my door after they are shut for 2 minutes. I seems that the wire voltage after the door is shut for a period of time. Will I need to have a relay installed to open my doors?
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
What wire/s did you hook up the unlock wire to?  The diagram I'm looking at for your car says you have to 5-wire 2 wires tan and gray black to get the unlock to work properly.  So if you didn't do that then yes you will need 2 relays.  If you need I can post up the relay wiring.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
fbird96 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
The unlock blue wire is connected an ORANGE / black wire that is energized only when the doors remain open and will lose power a couple of minutes after I close them. If you don't mind could you post the relay wiring for my vehicle. Thank in advance.
cntrylvr79 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so here it goes. First thing you'll have to do is find the gray/black and tan wires at the bcm in the passenger's kickpanel.  When you're testing them, they will rest at ground.  Then will pulse to +12v when you unlock the doors.  Once you find both of the wires you'll have to cut them in half.  Then take 2 spdt relays and wire them up as follows.

Relay #1

85  - Blue unlock wire from the viper
86  - Fused constant +12v
87a - BCM side of tan wire
87  - Fused Constant +12v
30  - Motor side of tan wire

Relay #2

85  - Blue unlock wire from the viper
86  - Fused constant +12v
87a - BCM side of gray/black wire
87  - Fused Constant +12v
30  - Motor side of gray/black wire

As for fuse rating I normally use either a 15 or 20 amp fuse and tie all 4 pins to 1 source.  To verify which side of the cut wires is which, the bcm side of the wire will pulse to +12volts when you hit the unlock button.  Definately want to make sure you get them the right way around or you could end up causing some serious damage.

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
My records show that the lock wire is RED / black and the unlock is ORANGE / black at the BCM in the pass kick panel. Both are a negative pulse. You must also pulse the pass door pin before the unlock to wake the BCM up. It goes to sleep after 45 seconds when you lock the doors.
sparky
dxdenis02 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
sparkie is right....... i would add use diodes
cntrylvr79 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
Sparkie where'd you get that info?  Seems a lot easier than the 2 relays I've always used.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic